Recent content by downhillar

1. downhillar

Driving tips

Here's one that I learnt once I started travelling into the Sydney CBD more often: If you're riding a vespa/scooter, aside from your helmet and aviators, your business attire (i.e. long pants, button up shirt and polished hush puppies - or long dress and hooker boots for females) are all the...
  2. downhillar

Women, etc.

Thanks for the replies guys, it's comforting to just be able to share this with some people even if they are total strangers. ForkinGreat: Hmmm, I don't think so, I think she just thought that this is where the relationship was heading at this stage which given the length of the relationship...
  3. downhillar

Women, etc.

I wish I was bumping this thread for a positive update.. So I've been dating my gf for 3.5years, both going to be 25 this year. Basically a bit over a month ago she was away for the week and called me and said how she couldn't wait to get married to me - it kind of made me freak out for a...
  4. downhillar

Research Assistance - Spending habits of tradies

I also am not from Vic nor am I a tradie however I work in construction and can safely say that if tradies did not exist then 7/11 would quickly go bankrupt. Other than that I have to agree with dolphinman - "what is 'middle class prejudice to blue collar consumer preferences' anyway?, does it...
  5. downhillar

Speeding fine

Awesome!! Congrats mate :) I tried a similar thing in NSW, I had never received an infringement in 7 years of driving - got done doing 10 over and had no luck. I accept that I was in the wrong but considering I have driven for roughly 2,600 days and only 1 of those days was I caught...
  6. downhillar

The stupid questions thread.

My question is about fresh water: My understanding is that water evaporates (which from what I understand gets rid of most impurities?) -> rises to sky and becomes rain -> falls back to earth -> gets caught in catchments -> used again -> drains to the ocean eventually -> evaporates again...
  7. downhillar

Confessions from the fuckwits

I sped through a red light in an intersection last night. The intersection was fitted with a safety camera (speed + red light camera) and it's double demerits :( I don't know what I was thinking, I was just cruising along nice and relaxed, then the light went orange and for some reason I thought...
  8. downhillar

How to purge LPG bottles of all the gas

I think you're being paranoid, but a less wasteful solution would be to store them outside.
  9. downhillar

If you have a beard, guess what...., you're an idiot.

Yes, I absolutely hate that episode hosted by Troy McClure. I will happily watch any old episode of The Simpsons for the hundredth time, but that one I can not stand! Also Homer getting dumber every year is totally true. In fact the whole show is dumbed down somewhere in the order of 120%. One...
  10. downhillar

If you have a beard, guess what...., you're an idiot.

I can't believe I hadn't seen this thread earlier but Johnny that was f-ing hilarious.
  11. downhillar

long shot..do you have a T70 socket?

Just out of curiosity how are you checking the belt? From what I've seen you pretty much need to pull the engine out of the car to get near the belt but if there's an easier way I'd really like to know :)
  12. downhillar

Missing Malaysian flight

I saw an episode of air crash investigation where the aircraft ran out of oxygen (or lost cabin pressure resulting in lack of oxygen?) and everyone fell asleep and I think eventually the plane crashed. I can't remember the intimate details and obviously I am not up to speed with aviation...
  13. downhillar

The watch thread.

Do you guys like this emporio armani? I don't know anything about watches or nice jewelry but I came across this the other day and I really like it. You can get them for around $260 on the internet. Hit or miss?
  14. downhillar

Old Aussie actor, who is it?

Is 5'8" really considered short??