Recent content by dr.matt

1. dr.matt

Haro steel reserve 1.1

Can you delete this thread please? Honestly what kind of numpty posts the same thread twice.....
  2. dr.matt

Haro steel reserve 1.1

Does anyone have one? Talking the rigid fork model. Looks alright in the lbs. Surprised to see one actually. $700 I think, could be cheaper now
  3. dr.matt

Haro

Yeah that's it. Just enquiring more out of curiosity
  4. dr.matt

Haro

Any of you guys know much about the haro reserve 1.1? Walked into my Lbs yesty and saw one. Cromo frame and rigid forks, disc brakes. $800 seemed a alright price
  5. dr.matt

work/trades...what do you do for a crust?

Infrastructure maintainer on rail. A lot of compliance work, driving hi- rail and the odd train trip
  6. dr.matt

Good places to live within 2 hours of Sydney?

I did miss sydney, but after buying a 5 bedroom house on 5 acres of a well sloped land for under 400k- I don't anymore
  7. dr.matt

Very sad news, Steve Smith has died.

Loved his segments on the seasons dvd.
  8. dr.matt

Aldi bike stuff

Have an Aldi bike stand, can't fault it. I've never used one in all my years of owning bikes but the bike stays still, the jaws are well protected and its a shit load better than working on an upside bike
  9. dr.matt

New rules for cyclists in NSW - Safe passing distances, but massive fines as well....

I can't remember the last time I bought a bike that had a bell fitted. I always shout out hello or g'day when coming up behind walkers. I've had plenty say 'you should have a bell'. Usually by those with their dogs off lead or wearing black at night....
  10. dr.matt

Creaking cranks

Did the chain ring bolts, bb and cranks, re lubed the chain too! Still bloody creaks! I'll try the seat post and pedal threads tomorrow. I can be standing beside the bike and apply pressure on the pedals and it creaks
  11. dr.matt

Creaking cranks

I installed an external bb and zee cranks on my hardtail a few months back. Everything was good til a ride the over day. Now it creaks while putting pressure on the pedals, I swapped pedals but I've eliminated they're the issue. Should my next plan be to pull out the cranks, regrease the bb and...
  12. dr.matt

Short cage

Hmm well a 32 front sprocket should get me through alright then with the 11-36 cassette
  13. dr.matt

Short cage

Cheers I might go with a medium cage slx 675 shadow plus deraileur I found then
  14. dr.matt

Short cage

I'm going 1x10, was thinking a zee setup for deraileur/shifter (price) would the short cage be suitable if in the future I add a 40 or 42 tooth sprocket to the cassette (obviously taking out the 11 or 16)?
  15. dr.matt

Complete downhill Bike

Too bad you want a large, just posted my medium 2014 glory 1 in for sale section...