Recent content by dunk

1. dunk

The Fixie Thread

I swear I was going to get launched into the crowd off the transitions riding the Canberra wheelrace carnival there in 80's - nice to see it's still the same:rolleyes:
  2. dunk

Heffron Park, Maroubra Criteriums

I love Heffron! I first started racing there in 1984, and the surface hasn't changed since. From the "squircle" to the two climbs over the "pimples" then the hairpin that if you take the right line you can a bit of air while cornering and climbing it has great variety. A nice long...
  3. dunk

L'officiel Le Tour 2009 Thread!

Damn DVD recorder died last night - perfect timing:rolleyes: Need a new one today, and living 40 years behind the rest of Australia means I'll have to wait till tomorrow now if I want to shop around. I guess I better go fix the leak in the roof instead....
  4. dunk

L'officiel Le Tour 2009 Thread!

New HD set top box in the spare room, my smoking chair, heater, and coffee facilities have been installed, my pillow on the bed and I'm ready for three weeks away from the wife:)
  5. dunk

RAW Track 2009 Thread (Friday Night Winter Track Racing)

George Lowe, RAW Track on friday night....
  6. dunk

DT RR1.1 vs Mavic open pro and spokes

I wore through the sidewalls of my 1.1's in one wet winter here in Perth, there's too much sand on the roads, which makes a nice grinding paste. Next time I'll be trying some Open Pro's to see if they are any better.
  7. dunk

Greatest submarine ever! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmyDr_xODqE
  8. dunk

Post Your Roadie !

pssst...your front wheel is on back to front;)
  9. dunk

I miss the weekly winter rides at Dunc Gray. My friend here in Perth is one of the organisers of the fortnightly winter series here. I have been pushing him to introduce some of Paul's more "interesting" events as apposed to the standard PS and Miss'n'Out etc for a bit of a change. Perth...
  10. dunk

This time DaGonz don't go too slow;)
  11. dunk

TdF vs Paris Roubaix

I reckon first place in a monument will always be better on your palmares than second in the Tour de France. Second is after all just the first loser.
  12. dunk

The Fixie Thread

Heffron Park? Still looks smooth as ever:rolleyes: So what speed do these things do? I'm thinking of a derny for some motorpacing???
  13. dunk

The Track Thread

Not very well. Haven't done much training for the track at all. Added to that a baby due when the worlds are on making it not likely I'll be allowed to go now! Maybe in a few years if they come back to Australia. PM'ed my email.
  14. dunk

The Track Thread

2 second improvement in a 200 m time is a huge improvement (depending on the time your already doing). If the time you need to do is say 12.2 seconds, to improve from 14.2 second you will need to lift you average speed from 50.7kph to 59kph. For a lot of people that will never happen. A...
  15. dunk

Post Your Roadie !

I bought both the frames in '07 and set one up with Dura Ace and the other with Ultegra/105 for training. I'd love to get one of the new BB30 models - but I'd need to kill one of these first:D