Recent content by extreme_dog

1. E

29er Tyre Thread

-1 for the Racing Ralphs that came with my Anthem. The inside of the knobs are chewed out. Really soft compound IMO. Or maybe it's under inflation. But it didn't happen with either the crossmark or ignitors I've had in the past.
  2. E

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

WTF! How old/many k's was it? Maybe another recall is in the works.......
  3. E

May have to get one myself, plan to have this bike for a while. So says the wife anyway.......
  4. E

That's the problem, I tighten to where it should be, but it's still got play, tighten a touch more, no play but it doesn't turn 'freely', I think I may have been riding it with a loose headset and put it down to play in the hub (stupid school boy mistake). Should the torque settings be the...
  5. E

Cheers for that. Sounds like a go. What'd you use to clean the rotors? Isocol? An 'expert' at an LBS said to take some sand paper to them?
  6. E

I've noticed my headset has worked itself loose. Now I can't seem to get it seated properly. It's either too tight (turning the bars) or too loose and the headset wobbles???? I've also got play in the linkage behind the bottom bracket, no idea how to fix that. Might be time to hit the LBS. Oh...
  7. E

Giant XTC Carbon 2012- 29er

What state are you in? I'm in WA and am still waiting.
  8. E

Can't really comment on the X1, but spec wise alone I'd the X0 or better again track down the 2011, should be able to get one of those at a really good price. I rate the X0 though, great bike.
  9. E

Another -1 for the stock wheels. Mate buckled his rear wheel going over a small jump, tyre blew out and the wheel is not that round anymore. I'll be looking to get rid of mine now too. He has the 2012 X1 and I've got the X0
  10. E

No expert but I've owned both the X29 1 2011 and the X0 29 2012, the 2012 hub seems okay but I miss the sound of the DT Swiss Hub. Anyway upgrade if you will I can't hurt but the stock wheelset are okay for a weekend warrior like me. Only time/kms will tell.
  11. E

Mark, you are the man, thank you. Why is it so hard to find out that on the SRAM website? Other than trial and error what sort of pressure to weight should I be running in the Monarch?
  12. E

Trying to setup the suspension but i've got no idea how to work the shock or fork (some idea) other than trial and error. The SRAM website is useless, so is the user manual. Has anyone got any links that break down what lever/knob/button is what on the Monarch and the SID? I want my Fox back :(
  13. E

Got mine today too, pretty much the same as the 2011. New bar though, think I'll be getting rid of it, not sold on it. Other than that looks the goods, ride report coming soon.
  14. E

Have you got it? What did you end up paying?
  15. E

That's what I wanted to hear, some objective opinion. Now I'll have to wait and see which one turns up first.