Recent content by fatboyonabike

1. fatboyonabike

Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

rohypnol all the clear spirits ( substitute for Rohypnol if unavailable) ice just a dash of coke!
  2. fatboyonabike

Little Things You Love

yeah, but Queensland!.... Things might have been different if this happened in one of the less rednecky states!
  3. fatboyonabike

Little Things You Hate

https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fishing/aquatic-biosecurity/pests-diseases/freshwater-pests/finfish-species/carp/groups/recreational-fishers#:~:text=It%20is%20not%20currently%20illegal,them%20live%20to%20the%20water. Nope...guess again...
  4. fatboyonabike

Little Things You Hate

In NSW, it is not illegal to return carp alive, but usually when I catch them they have a small arrow sized hole in the side of them! I then return them to the earth, buried under my vegie patch
  5. fatboyonabike

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Picked up a DVO Topaz cheap off FB on a bit of a gamble during the week. Guy said it was 210 X 55 trunnion that was fitted to a Giant Trance, as far as I knew the Trance only ran a 185MM! The seller did say it had been modified and upgraded by NSD to now run an air can from a T2 Topaz, but never...
  6. fatboyonabike

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

100% agree..as your level of welding increases, the amount of flappy disc manipulation decreases!
  7. fatboyonabike

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

I would say that the Deathracks laser cut kit is probably closest to Meccano level: Adult I am about 4 hours in and still going, had about 2'5 hours on the linisher and grinder to smooth off all the rough cut edges, and only got about 1'5 hours on the welder on monday morning, have only got the...
  8. fatboyonabike

New hobby - gold panning

The gold you see on these TV shows is not from hard work, its the TV advertising and endorsements that make them rich! Any old timer that tells you he has found a shitload of gold is lying, they are a very cagey lot and tell nobody. And yes, watch out for snakes...one spot that I used to...
  9. fatboyonabike

You laugh you lose

guy across the road from me is a recently retired Ambo, I recall 1 very disturbing story along those lines with something to do with a cue ball that couldn't be removed...he has lots of very disturbing stories!
  10. fatboyonabike

New hobby - gold panning

good fun hobby, but you are never going to get rich doing it...I used to do a fair bit of sapphire fossicking when I lived in Canberra..same same but different, once the bug bites, it's hard to shake There is a guy on Youtube called Chris down your way, goes by the name Vo-gus prospecting, good...
  11. fatboyonabike

how was your ride along the foreshore yesty?...nice day for it
  12. fatboyonabike

its an approved method for joining cables!....looks like a gear cable?
  13. fatboyonabike

TAS project frames!!!

Does the Gyro come with chips, if so, go for that....beats the Sub with cookies anyday! Hmmm Gyro
  14. fatboyonabike

WTB: Straight Steerer 26 inch Fork

what did you pay for the Krisis?
  15. fatboyonabike

QLD Unobtainium Spacers x 4 (2 x fancy)

I approve of the overly excessive use of vaccum sealed , thermally fused postage bags..well played Maybe a few on here can take a lesson on how it should be done...remember, its the service you are paying for - not the product!