Recent content by FatGuts

1. FatGuts

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

Yah the drop into Jacobs was epic.
  2. FatGuts

#bikeonoven

Bahahhaa, drive side down and all.... so #nduro!
  3. FatGuts

Good places for riding in canberra?

Nah....canberra is shit..........
  4. FatGuts

Cairns bike hire and tours/shuttles

So, Im up there next week as well but I am undecided which bike to take, the Anthem or the CX. I wont have a car so cant get out to the park out to the north. Are their any sneaky trails near the city I can ride or should I just be a tourist ony my Masi?
  5. FatGuts

Yep, my Exped blow up mat is awesome. Very un-air mattress like in warmth.
  6. FatGuts

I want to do this one day https://www.strava.com/routes/5979765
  7. FatGuts

Old Boboyan Road https://www.strava.com/routes/5979762
  8. FatGuts

Twas me! :) You cant get around Fitzs Hill (the first biggie on the tar after Apollo road and before the Ororral Valley turn off) unless you do the Naas Valley FT from Caloola farm up to Mt Clear. Awesome ride but probably not much easier as it has other things that make it hard being a FT...
  9. FatGuts

I said to you on your post on Bikebackign Australia on FB that I live in the far south of Canberra and that is my playground. The only flat bit is from the last suburb of Banks to Tharwa.........the rest os OMFG until Adaminaby! Awesome country though and I love living here. Its a pity old...
  10. FatGuts

How tall are you Hamsta? I am 6'3" and cant fit inside one completley. I also found it a bit cold when camping outside on a cool autumn night. I am pretty particular with keeping warm while sleeping though amd I am willing to carry a little more weight to do so.
  11. FatGuts

Yep, what is trendy isnt necessarily practical or good for the application.
  12. FatGuts

Thanks Elbo. Yeah the Barry way was a special bit. Beutiful part of the countryside and well worth a visit. Make sure you have a triple though............
  13. FatGuts

Hehe, its the Nick Stevens bit I was confused about but now I have realized its probably your tapatalk thingy.... That was a good part of the trip, loaded touring bikes on a BMX track.....I was half expecting to fold the back wheel over.
  14. FatGuts

??????????????????????????
  15. FatGuts

So its been a while....... So it has been a while since I was on here. I sent the link to a mate of mine as he is planning to do some overnight stuff and a bigger trip. I started to read the whole thing again, jeez its a good thread. Anyway, a couple of mates and I jumped on our bikes...