Recent content by faz

1. F

Fat Bikes

How much sand do these bikes throw up when you're riding? Love the go anywhere ability of these bikes but sand and drivetrains aren't the best of friends.
  2. F

Red Bull VCA - Channel 7?

Don't know. Those programs can turn something around in a short space of time if they want, or they can sit on them for up to a month.
  3. F

Red Bull VCA - Channel 7?

They arranged for an Aussie rider to go. Apparently there has never been an Aussie rider entered in the event previously and they wanted to go and showcase the event for their Sunday Night program.
  4. F

Roadworks - Obeying speed limits through active worksites

It seems obvious, but people aren't doing 40kmh and those concrete barriers do move if they get a good whack so it might protect when people are doing the right thing, but not necessarily when those who get loose when doing the wrong thing.
  5. F

consumer boycott- ???

You've got the wrong idea about what Livestrong does. They aren't searching for a cure - no matter how much one is desperately needed - their role is to support those with cancer. Livestrong: WE FIGHT TO IMPROVE THE LIVES OF PEOPLE AFFECTED BY CANCER. That's their position with relation to...
  6. F

consumer boycott- ???

Lance wasn't pushing drugs in the peloton, he was peddling them.
  7. F

consumer boycott- ???

Very much in agreeance with these comments.
  8. F

Ausbike Melbourne expo

This is the 3rd bike show of the year for 2012. There was the Bike & Lifestyle Show in Sydney (13-15 July), there was the Sydney Bike Show on 4th August which from the card had Cannondale, GT, Mongoose, Schwinn and now the Ausbike show in Melbourne. Having been around the bike industry for a...
  9. F

another road bike build - frame and fork

You've got an amazing talent tmarsh. I used to be a fan of the sleek Italian styled carbon frames but find myself liking steel and titanium frames more and more with their classic design.
  10. F

What do your kids ride?

I made an enquiry to the guys who do these in the US. I was expecting them to be expensive but maybe not as expensive as they are. I went with a Giant XTC Jr instead.
  11. F

why arent dh racers wearing gay skin tight suits?

The UCI also stipulate the minimum height of socks for roadies - that's how whacked the rules from the UCI are.
  12. F

Explaining religion to children

Tell her to ask mum....
  13. F

Armstrong Charged with Doping

Neither of which realistically has been carried in the Armstrong Vs USADA affair. My other issue to "justice should be seen to be done" is that are were persuing justice for the right or wrong reasons? Justice for justice's sake is different to justice being done.
  14. F

The BMX Race thread.

Only road and track.
  15. F

World Firefighters Games

Grass yes, dirt not so much. A lot of that area is outside of the actual regatta centre and is still being utilised by Boral who have been quarrying the area.