Recent content by Felixe

1. Felixe

Moving to/living in Tasmania

Scottsdale is a nice little country town, about 45 minutes drive from L'ton (from memory) and 2 hrs from St Helens on the coast, such a long windy road. It was experiencing difficulties as the local mill(s) were closing leaving a large number unemployed. I have never been to Smithton, only...
  2. Felixe

And looked as cool as this: Errr, that machine is missing some parts!!! Probably took them to Cashies at Glenorchy!
  3. Felixe

Chainsaws

I have replaced my old Husky with a Stihl. The stihl is a miniboss and is lighter, smaller and uses less fuel but delivers the same power. With price, you get what you pay for. With stihl you get peace of mind knowing that it won't fail. BTW, regardless of which saw you buy, purchase a...
  4. Felixe

This ties in nicely with the "where not to live". Any of the Northern Hobart Suburbs from Glenorchy onwards (Western shore) and Gielston Bay (Eastern shore). Also in Hobart - Rokeby, Clarendon vale, Cambridge, Sorell and Lewisham (yes I know, getting a bit far out). These are bogan...
  5. Felixe

Viv Bone- Mt Gravatt

Yes it is. You have a simplistic view of the world. I have a bridge for sale, are you interested?...;):rolleyes:
  6. Felixe

Viv Bone- Mt Gravatt

Bad idea. I don't want to rain on your parade but... It is an illegal track, All mountain biking is banned at Mt Gravatt. The trails are only for walking, the road is for riding (cars and bikes). The illegal use of trails at Mt Gravatt is an ongoing local political issue, it is...
  7. Felixe

Why isn't Sram the same as Shimano!!

I remember that! I had a bike in 1992 that had LX, with plastic shimano shifters that used two buttons for thumb (only) shifting. This was before Sram existed, back then even rockshox was a baby and fox had not mtb products.
  8. Felixe

The bicycle industry: Design survey anaylised 4/05

You are looking at buying a new bike, what part do you consider most in design terms? Its material- carbon/alloy/cromo. Its colour and aesthetic paint work. The aesthetic form and shape, it looks smooth. The brand name. The marketing you've seen Its technological features...
  9. Felixe

extending the length of a seatpost

...and pump up your tyres.
  10. Felixe

Giant Cypher vs. Giant Anthem X W

+1 for the cypher. We have one in our bike collection and it is a great bike for rocky terrain, the relaxed geometry and extra travel make it a forgiving bike. You can always shed weight with new wheels etc...
  11. Felixe

Support The Washed Up Rider

wankers....
  12. Felixe

Wireless networks with funny names

Pussy galore
  13. Felixe

DHL Delivery Fail?

Maybe it went to Austria?
  14. Felixe

What to do in Hobart?

No car huh? That rules out the mtb park at Lenah Valley. Try out the taste of Tasmania? Check out the Mt Wellington Descent http://mtwellingtondescent.com.au/ Get a bus up Davey Street to South Hobart (Metro) and go do a Tour of the Cascade Brewery? Walk down to the waterfront and...
  15. Felixe

2007 Yeti 575

Does it go fast?...I mean, just how fast can it go without a chain?