Recent content by floody

1. floody

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Barney? Barnyard? I think I'd definitely call him Barnyard.
  2. floody

That gay marriage thing........

The only two elements necessary for a marriage between two persons (of binary sex) are intention, and consent. Not procreation or any other guff that gets put out there. "Do you wanna?" "Yep" Job's on. I would say for the first circa twenty five years of my life I never once heard or read a...
  3. floody

WTB old Saint shortcage derailleur

As the title says, I'm looking for an old Saint shortcage derailleur, one of the axle-mounted ones. Condition of the cage plates is the most important thing, I am raiding them to build a shortcage XTR derailleur.
  4. floody

Lawn Mower Help

Plenty of time for servicing. My mum's self-propelled OHV Honda has been in our family since about 1988. Dad changed the oil in about 1999. Still going strong, though just starting to puff a hint of blue smoke on cold start or when you gas it up from idling for a long time. An accurate post...
  5. floody

Looks like the sram geo-block has reached germany.

Kind of surprising as SRAM have been one of the least conservative of the distributors. I mean look at Shimano, they just take the p!ss. Then again, that's like being one of the least conservative in the LNP right faction I suppose.
  6. floody

SRAM drivetrain?

They've changed their distribution channel and model to make more money for SRAM and to support distributors to make more money for SRAM. Which, of course, is business. Vis a vis Nobody wins. Bet Shimano do it next. I notice even Paypal are being cagey about international peer to peer...
  7. floody

Johnny... Johnny.... Johnny...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg_rf2d894k
  8. floody

Restoring GT Avalanche

Well,or an early Pantera AL...but, the flat end cap with the CNC brace and V-brake cable stop are a give away of a late-model, USA built Zaskar.
  9. floody

Coroner's report on roadie that died after frame failure

Sure,but it would only need to be an advisory, and it could be based on an extreme duty estimate so at worst might result in viable parts being trashed rather than life expired parts failing. I'm sure there's plenty of SIDs out being ridden by +80kg riders.
  10. floody

Coroner's report on roadie that died after frame failure

I don't think putting a fatigue life on roadie stuff would be a bad idea at all, particularly in an environment involving proximity to fast moving 2 ton lumps of metal. I gave my dad a 1996 Specialized roadie and to be honest the bonded aluminium/carbon Kinesis fork frightens me a bit.
  11. floody

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Boy oh boy will we have a doozy of a war when the dems get back in if that happens.
  12. floody

Wethepeople Aventure

Don't get me wrong, I like it.
  13. floody

Wethepeople Aventure

Kookie Kutter Klunkers must be the way 'young person' BMX companies want to keep 40 year olds on their branding.
  14. floody

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Probably never taken off-road by that guy. A lot of uber retro-freds are like that.
  15. floody

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Pretty bits starting to arrive for my slalom bike build!