Recent content by Frayed

1. F

The BMX Race thread.

Hey guys and gals, it's been a while since i've been on rotorburn but thought i'd jump on and say hi. I'm a Melba (Canberra BMX Club) rider. Any one on that is going to Penrith this weekend?
  2. F

Elbow/knee protection

Check out the fuse range, especially the shin ankle combos, i've tried a few brands but these things are amazing, I use them for bmx racing mostly. These are the exact ones i've got http://www.backbonebmx.com.au/shop/product.php?productid=19226&cat=268&page=1
  3. F

FOUND ebay listing

haha okay no worries, just being paranoid. end thread.
  4. F

FOUND ebay listing

I found this when searching through ebay for a new bike and thought it looked a bit suss. Hopefully it is legit but the description and the fact that they only have 4 feedback got me worried. I'd be interested in buying it but would hate to ever buy a stolen bike so I'm interested in every ones...
  5. F

Locks.

I would be pretty worried as it would be a prime target. I am currently using an Abus D lock that I put through the rear triangle and wheel and then attach to a bike rack. I then have an Abus link chain that I put through the front wheel and top tube then attach to the pole. I also try and park...
  6. F

Much around BMX frame

Frame and cranks Hi, I have a Stolen Heist frame, Stolen Forks and 3 piece cranks you can have for $90 plus postage if that helps at all.
  7. F

STOLEN TwoFour Moon - Canberra (again)

That sucks, good luck with it, I hope you get your bike back.
  8. F

post up your bmx (s)

my latest ride Specs are Frame: Fly Pantera Forks: Odyssey Director Bars: Colony Teddy Cranks: Colony V2 and lots of other goodies including a khe freecoaster hub.
  9. F

Advice on buying a BMX for my 5 year old son.

I bought this one for my daughter for christmas, she is going from a 12" to 16". I felt it was much better value then any others except for perhaps the academy and WTP offerings and it looks so damn nice. http://www.backbonebmx.com.au/shop/product.php?productid=18753&cat=315&page=1
  10. F

Making The Jump!!!

Got to agree, I love riding bmx but if you want something purely for dirt jumps but will still be riding DH I would go for the 26". That said you can pick up a ok bmx second hand pretty cheap so you could always try out both.
  11. F

Thoughts on this bike for AM Merida one-forty 900 D

Cheers for the reply. I haven't ridden O'connor ridge or Majura in at least 2 1/2 years but by rough stuff I mean rock gardens and smaller jumps (I use my BMX for dirt jumps). I guess what I'm after is something that is fast going down, bearable pedalling up and great for cruising through the...
  12. F

Thoughts on this bike for AM Merida one-forty 900 D

Hi all, It has been a while since I've owned/shopped for a mtb but I find my self wanting to blast down some trails. I spotted this at the lbs for $1700 and it looked like the sort of thing I can imagine myself on but firstly would it hold up well on the rough stuff? I am a bit worried about...
  13. F

The BMX Race thread.

She is around 100cm, thanks for the help I'll google the ABD lid.
  14. F

The BMX Race thread.

Hi all, I'm chasing a full face helmet, jersey and pants for a 5yr old girl does any one have any recommendations? Also any online stores (or lbs in Canberra) that stock small size gear? Cheers.
  15. F

Just built my Soda Slope

A review when you've worn it in would be great.