Recent content by freeriding

1. F

hope tech3 lever throw-bleeding

What exactly do you do? You mean that you insert more fluid with a syringe in the caliper bleed port when one finishes the bleed process? Or you advance the pistons, when you are finished with the bleeding process?
  2. F

Are the rotors dead straight? Are the pistons moving out together evenly, if not, you might need to install fresh seals. The rotors aren't dead straight, the seals are excellent cause the brakes (not rotors) are totally new. Sethius I also achieved such a lever throw but there was...
  3. F

Nothing spectacular with the technique mentioned above. The pistons can come out a tiny bit, cause then there is obvious rub. Do you think i can get less lever throw than this? This is the best i could . Is this considered a low lever throw or high? I would like a bit less...
  4. F

The best way to do this i guess, is to put this spacer between the pads (and maybe play with the bottom part of it, which is gradually reducing) Then, after finishing the procedure of the pistons coming closer to the rotor, can i centralise (as officially advised by hope) the pistons to the...
  5. F

Thank you guys! To reduce throw, remove the wheel and gently press the lever. The pistons should come out further than they would otherwise and will not retract all the way. So, if i understand correctly, you finish the bleeding process, as indicated here, and then you remove the wheel and...
  6. F

I f i do this procedure, in reality, i will make way for more dot volume in the system. Won't there be a problem with the seals (eg if the dot expands)? I think the proper way, is to have the pistons all in when you bleed the brakes. Another similar way one told me, was when one finishes the...
  7. F

Hallo! I have the tech 3 v4 brakes, they are amazing! I have 3 questions: how do i reduce the lever throw? I have the pad contact fully in, but would like a little less throw. I have avid rotors, think hope rotors may be a bit fatter? i read that except for the classic bleed procedure, there...
  8. F

Sram code rsc

I'll try to do that! If all fails, i'm thinking of buying the hope v4. Do they have enough stopping power? I know that they have great modulation. I read that they have a rather mellow decceleration, that gives sore hands in long descents. (because you have to push hard the levers) The use...
  9. F

Sram code rsc

DH1, can you tell me in what part of the piston you use the emery paper to decrease the diameter? http://forums.mtbr.com/attachments/brake-time/1079550d1467333307-guide-rs-levers-not-returning-replaced-under-warranty-img_20160630_193651.jpg Do you have the RSC? if so, how do you rotate it with...
  10. F

Sram code rsc

I am in europe, so a bit difficult to send it, thank you. Also i can buy a reapir kit, but i'll be without bike for a week at least. Guarantee will leave me without bike for at least one month! Where is the forum thread regarding rebuilding? i can't find it. Offcut of water pipe with a...
  11. F

Sram code rsc

Thank you, I'll try that. I don't have the assembly tool in 7:58 What should I do?
  12. F

Sram code rsc

I have guide rsc on my bike, with bleeding edge, the 2017 model that should not have problems with the piston. However, yesterday, in a hot day, 35 celsius, and riding for much time in direct sunlight, the pads suddenly rubbed the brake disc a lot (i almost couldn't ride uphill), and the lever...
  13. F

poc vpd 2.0 sizing

Hallo! I want to buy the vpd 2.0 knee pad (the dh short version, which i guess is the same in sizing as the normal 2.0) My measurements are: 38cm (15 in) 10 cm below knee 43cm (17 in) 10 cm below knee Should i go medium or large. I read contradicting sizing reviews. Leg measurement and your...
  14. F

mavic its4 preload

Hallo! I have a a mavic wheelset with the its 4 system, that uses a preload adjuster. In the end of the video, it indicates how to preload correctly the bearings. 1. when adjusting the preload, the video indicates to stop when contact happens. what does this mean? When you feel the cap...
  15. F

ccdb coil - HSC

I have a yt tues 2012, the LR chart is this: Very progressive, with a low starting LR and a very very low ending LR. At sag (30%) the LR is ~2.65. Cane creek proposes for this frame 2.5 turns for HSC, which i find really high. For reference, santa cruz v10 has this LR chart at sag (30%)...