Recent content by frenchman

1. frenchman

Newly Released Suspension Components General

If the new CSU doesn't creek it'll still work out cheaper than a fox 36 and the 3 CSUs you'll go through in the 24 months of owning the fork :D
  2. frenchman

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

It’s a visual representation of my life. Not roadworthy, life on hold and getting all the old shit flushed out.
  3. frenchman

should be fun.
  4. frenchman

Thanks, that’s good to know. I’ll take my bike with me when I go and look at One.
  5. frenchman

There’s over 200,000 jap imports Coming in every year. I guess ke70 wagons could fit the bill. Bit of a bigger engine than I’d like to get. Although finding unmolested 80s jap cars is rare.
  6. frenchman

You only die once.
  7. frenchman

There’s actually a few of these getting around. They are incredible fun to drive. Although with how wet it is here, finding one that is water tight is the challenge. I’ve got choice paralysis because there are so many options regarding jap imports :eek:
  8. frenchman

That’s exactly what I’m going for
  9. frenchman

Replacement Fork Time - ebike edition

Get a yari and upgrade the damper. It’s the same chassis as a lyric.
  10. frenchman

I like the stagea but it’s too big for what I want to use it for. I’m only looking at kei sized vans. A hi ace would be too big. Just has to fit a bike inside it and be smaller than 1.6l.Unleaded is north of $2.30L and I’ve got a new hilux that I use when we leave town. Auckland is horrendous...
  11. frenchman

Yeah they do, there are a few getting around. I’m going to give one a drive next week. Also the Toyota Ruam and funcargo are other options. With the rear seats out I think a bike would fit nicely. There’s a few starlets getting around but they are usually 25% more and I’m liking the idea of a...
  12. frenchman

Obligatory new bike thread

But you wouldn’t pay retail for it ;)
  13. frenchman

I was actually referring to if Minlak bought a new yeti. But I’ll bask in your vitriol when it sprays around here. Carbon frames are expensive but why would you buy something that has a poor history when you could just get a santacruz? It’s being different for the sake of being different...
  14. frenchman

Buy the yeti if you’re happy being the Beta tester. There’s no doubt the bikes work, but I won’t be surprised when You post another thread in 12 months time looking for a new frame. Banshee or revel would be my pick. I’m all for innovation but the issue is the consumers are the testers. And...
  15. frenchman

Cheers that looks like it would fit the bill, but I don't think they were brought into NZ. Even as jap imports. I should've added I'm looking at anywhere up to 2005-2006 so under $4000. This will be a daily.