Recent content by fridgie

1. fridgie

The stupid questions thread.

Anyone know if it's possible, and how to do it, to repair a garmin .fit file? Mine decided to miss the first 45min of gps data today but record all speed, cadence, heart rate etc. Was wondering if I can use my brothers gps data to fill the blanks?
  2. fridgie

The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

Missed the revised goal of 3k last year after hitting the original 2.5k target, so will be aiming for 3K this year.
  3. fridgie

That time you'd accepted you were dead...

About 4-5yrs old and camping with family along the Murray River, we all go down a muddy bank to the water and as I'm so light I slide straight into the river instead of sinking into the mud like everyone else. Didn't know how to swim, sucked a lungfull of water and went under. Mum dived in after...
  4. fridgie

How do you maintain food discipline?

Lol, yeah. Keep regular check ups with my dentist ;) Had done that for years with the coke, as long as I can remember, plus buying it with lunch etc at work. Nowadays I hardly eat junk food, take lunch every day instead of buying it, track all food etc with myfitnesspal as part of my gym...
  5. fridgie

Work is killing me atm, so tired and no time for anything, but goal reached and work finishes tomorrow... Should be able to reach 3k by the end of the year. Cracked a few milestones this year, first mountain bike event (bayview blast), longest mtb ride (65km), longest road ride (165km), most...
  6. fridgie

The pet thread, post em up!

My 3 tards
  7. fridgie

Little Things You Hate

Cramped in a tight spot in a roof drilling through the top plate with a large spade bit, bit snags and drill spins and slams the battery into my face, head then slams into the truss next to me.... Blurred vision for the day, headache ever since and now people looking at me funny everywhere I go...
  8. fridgie

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Yeah, a few trails have been touched up. Main carpark has had a lot done to it, it's a massive gravel area atm. We definitely parked in the wrong spot this morning to access, the climb out was killer!
  9. fridgie

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Hit up bayview for a bit of a public holiday spin, just over 50km. Found out a few things... Grass trees are like friggin grenades! Got surprise attacked and launched off my bike with a big pedal strike on one of the bastards. Testicles can be used to remove your garmin from the handlebars after...
  10. fridgie

What does your day look like?

Early start in the fog heading to the gym for a good workout session followed by a bitch of a cycle training session...
  11. fridgie

I just like to confuse people, never wear them on the correct day [emoji6]
  12. fridgie

Another day, another roof...
  13. fridgie

I've completed more k's so far this year than I did in all of last year. Completed my first mtb event. Completed a 100mile road ride. I'm pretty happy with that effort. Just gotta keep it up now. Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
  14. fridgie

Congrats. I cut out soft drink about 3months ago. Was going though over 60 cans of coke a fortnight. Haven't bought any since, but do allow myself a cordial a day at work as need more than water sometimes. Coffee, well, I bought a new machine and am having about 3 a day (double shot) but have...
  15. fridgie

I'm stuck in a rut food wise, getting pretty sick of chicken, slipping into old and easy habits. Had hungry jacks last night and felt like crap on the trainer. My gym uses myfitnesspal to track all foods etc for accountability and it helps me make better choices. But when time poor and haven't...