Recent content by gages

1. G

choice of three

I'm in the market for a new bike and want to try the dual sus thing out and have been offered three bikes in my price range --anyone have a suggestion on which would be th better Gary Fisher fat possum --love the name Gary Fisher --cake --dont think much of the name and a Scott genius 40...
  2. G

which fork

Not too sure if its the right area but hey :) I have magura rim brakes on my bike and want to update the forks but cant find any forks that take rims, can any one point me in the right direction on brands and models ? Is lock out worth having? Thanks in advance
  3. G

Who makes a waterproof rear light?

water proof V's water resistant Sorry to say as my old man use to say " the only water proof thing in this world is a fishes asshole" :eek:
  4. G

Riding in Indonesia

Jakarta is awesome to ride in --Riding a bike really breaks down the barrier over there and you will no doubt meet some very interesting people because of it When I was in the Navy I used to take my bike every where with me and go riding in lots of different countries (and Jakarta) and...
  5. G

Higher petrol prices = more people riding to work

More bikes less pollution I think its great that more people are having to ride their bikes to work,not only is it saving them money by NOT putting those dollars into their cars but they are also saving the planet from pollution that goes into the earths atmosphere creating a warming planet...
  6. G

Sold

shifters keen on the shifters:D
  7. G

front suspension

forks Yeah thanks for the advice looks like I will up my budget a little to afford soemFox Vanilla forks :cool:
  8. G

front suspension

budget 300-400 hundred :eek:
  9. G

front suspension

Now hopefully I'm in the right spot for advice :confused: I am 95kg and ride a Merida sport 700 that currently ahs sr suntour 75 forks on the front and I think they are not up to the job as they dont feel that good I mainly ride on rough country roads for 25km to work but on week ends I...
  10. G

forks

Dudes I ride mostly on old fire trials on weekends and on dirt roads to work and have a cheap pair of Suntour sr 100mm travel forks on at the moment and was hoping to upgrade -so can any one help with advice on what is a good value/performing fork to use for the above I dont really know thte...
  11. G

sold

Keen on the shifters pmed ya!!:eek:
  12. G

xt shifter pods

What: xt shifter pods Price range/Willing to Pay: you let me know how much Location: SE Aust Extra Info: I'm after a set of XT shifter pods Dont have to be spankin new but in fair condition :D give me your best offer !!
  13. G

Seoul Train: Communism in modern history.

bad bad not very nice!!! :mad: Good to see the MTB community taking an interest in somthing like this its a pity here in Australia we treat "illegal immigrants" the same way as the Chinese We need to ensure that the Australian community makes Refugees safe from being returned to nasty...
  14. G

hardtail hardtail frame

frame bumpty bump ok now willing to pay a bit more so throw me all your offers my way