Recent content by gaz0303

1. gaz0303

Spend my money...upgrade/new bike/gizmo..new to racing

Thanks...as I expected. Guess I'll continue looking for a bike.
  2. gaz0303

Spend my money...upgrade/new bike/gizmo..new to racing

Hi all, Finally made the leap and bought my Cycling Australia Gold licence and have done a few club races. I wish I had started earlier. I also have a little money left to upgrade my bike - currently a 2004 Trek 2200 (alu with carbon forks/seat stays) with full ultegra 9 speed, Reynolds...
  3. gaz0303

Virtual Cycling DVD's for indoor trainers?

Sufferfest hooked up with trainerroad.com. Best way to do indoor stuff. Or just trainerroad. Amazing how watching lines make the time go by.
  4. gaz0303

Maxxis eXCeption Series as tubeless

I have crossmark exception and folding both working well tubeless with XT wheels and running 30psi. My riding track has previously claimed sidewalls of crossmarks and piranhas with tubes so time will tell if this setup increases the risk or not. The wheelset is leaving my bike for the wifes who...
  5. gaz0303

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

Hi Steve000, My first attempt at trail riding was a 12 hour. I could hardly drive home with the pain in my wrists and hands. A few things before you spend money. What angle are your brake levers at? Mine came from the shop with the levers parallel to the ground - didn't know that was...
  6. gaz0303

Gamin connect substitute

strava does. see attachment From my limited time with it, it automatically detects climbs, classifies them, and displays distance, av grade, and best times. If the system does not detect the section of the ride you want, you can manually create it. Best function is the ability to compare...
  7. gaz0303

Gamin connect substitute

www.strava.com You should check out Strava. It's a website built for cyclists to log, share and compare rides. The ability to compete using the gps logs adds an additional dimension
  8. gaz0303

Is HRM/Cad worth it?

My situation is similar... I bought a polar cs400 from bike.de for not much more than the cs200 locally. I used the cadence for a while but very quickly got the hang of when my cadence was 100 as opposed to 60. Hence I don't really take notice of it on most rides. I use the HRM functions...
  9. gaz0303

XC Wheels

New front wheel Lost my wife's front wheel after I put the bike on the car and left the wheel behind. Bright side is I need to replace it and have the chance of making her bike lighter. She rides a specialized dually and weighs well under 60kg, doing only xc and commuting. Looking at CRC...
  10. gaz0303

L'officiel Le Tour 2009 Thread!

Now looking forward to actually seeing the sideline story of Cavendish vs Boonen. Both appear to have strong teams. Columbia were basically invincible in the early stages of the giro. Also think Cavendish has been working for a long time to actually finish this GT. If only McEwan was their...
  11. gaz0303

L'officiel Le Tour 2009 Thread!

6 teams already in the fantasy comp... Honte congé - First rider to be expelled for drugs: Either from Katusha or Liquigas The rest I agree with Cha_Cha
  12. gaz0303

Pre TDF thread

Fantasy league anyone?? Anyone up to putting their opinions to the test? SBS are running a fantasy league which should another element of interest to the race. Go to the game ( at http://fantasytdf.sbs.com.au/?page=register ), pick your team then use the ‘mini-league admin' option to join...
  13. gaz0303

Armidale (New England/North West) Cross Country Racing this weekend

Over 88 minutes...you should call it the 'Two Fat Ladies Enduro'! Can't wait to spend that time twisting around the brilliant track thats been built at the uni.
  14. gaz0303

Scott Aspect 20 vs Giant XTC 2 vs Scott Scale 50

The aspect is more an all mountain type design, more upright position and also 2kg heavier than the lightest (giant). My friend has the older model reflex and loves it. He has had no problems with components or quality. The other models are designed more for XC, but also better specced. The...
  15. gaz0303

$1500 hardtail

I had the same budget a year ago. I ended up with the a Giant XTC 2 2008. The recon front forks gave it the edge over the scott aspect (50?) which looked better but had a heavier wheelset and the heavier tora forks. I've had no problems with any of the gear on it despite riding enduro and xc...