Recent content by Geek

1. Geek

FOUND Found - car keys, Lysterfield

I found a set of car keys at the top of Redgum, up at the junction where you can turn left and head onto the Comm Games track today (Mon 28th March). Key is for a Ford, with a Thule key also attached. My mate and I rode around both car parks pushing the unlock button looking for lights flashing...
  2. Geek

FOUND Car and Thule rack key found at Lysterfield

I found a set of keys for a Ford and presumably a Thule rack at Lysterfield this morning, up at the very top of Redgum, at the spot where you can jump on Comm Games. Tried riding around both car parks pressing the unlock button to see which car's lights flashed, but to no avail. If these...
  3. Geek

Chain reaction cycles

eVouchers? I ordered a tyre and other bits and bobs in mid October and haven't received them yet, so sent in the lost in post declaration. Then in my inbox this morning are eVoucher codes to 20 pounds less than the order value with no explanation - is this what they normally do? It's my first...
  4. Geek

What happens when riders forget their manners (with video!)

D'oh Bugger. I had a quick look to see if it had already bee posted, but only looked in the general forum.
  5. Geek

What happens when riders forget their manners (with video!)

For those who haven't seen it (I went searching after reading about it on The Age), here's the video of a guy getting roughed up after a run on Flying Nun in NZ. I don't think either rider is really in the right here, but the guy in the yellow jersey definitely takes it up a notch at the end...
  6. Geek

AM Helmet

Fox Flux I also use the Flux. It's great. Gave it a workout with 2 OTBs last week and it held up well.
  7. Geek

Buxton Trails

Lake Mountain is good I rode Lake Mountain with some mates back in Feb and it was great. Nicely thought out trails that make good use of the natural granite in the area, and with pretty good flow (I thought, anyway). OK for all skill levels, too. Definitely worth the drive. Haven't hit Buxton...
  8. Geek

RAD Or BMX Bandits

They do kinda sound the same. Here's the original clip
  9. Geek

Clips V Flats for all mountain?

(sort of) barefoot pedalling I ride flats in an old pair of Nike Free trainers, which is as close to barefoot as I reckon you'd want to get.
  10. Geek

RAD Or BMX Bandits

I liked RAD so much, I bought the t-shirt. (radtshirts.com) Another Aussie link is Real Life's "Send Me An Angel" from the bicycle boogie scene. They're a Melbourne band (still kicking around, too, I think). It's never officially made it to DVD, but there's a great copy on the torrent sites.
  11. Geek

sale query can anyone help??

I paid a mate $300 for his stock 05 Cinder Cone last December. It's in pretty good nick though. Great starter bike, by the way.
  12. Geek

Granite grind and what to expect.

That's handy to know. Maybe I'll look at a Zoneding Machine when I decide to upgrade from my Kona Cinder Cone...
  13. Geek

Knee Pads

Yep, the single knee is the launch pro: http://shop.foxhead.com/store/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=23460&categoryId=cat20152 Ignore the price, it's $US. I can see TBSM has them for $89.95 delivered.
  14. Geek

Knee Pads

I'm using a set of Fox Launch shorty knee/shins that I bought from TBSM, and they seem pretty good (haven't been crash tested yet). No unwanted movement, decent ventilation, good coverage. I always forget I have them on. I'm 6' and they fit well (one size fits all)
  15. Geek

Beginner wanting to improve bike handling skills

+3 internets for Burkie.:cool: The articles in IMBikeMag are awesome. I made a couple of small changes to my setup and technique on the weekend based on articles in the first 2 editions and they paid off in spades. Found an ebook copy of Mountain bike skills while I ate brekky today. Happy...