Recent content by geoff_tewierik

1. geoff_tewierik

Blood Racing. How fast do you bleed?

First time I've been able to donate since I broke my collarbone in April last year, crossed the finish line with a 4:47, no squeezing or rolling, just a good flow. 2nd quickest that nurse had ever seen, best for her was a 4:36. BP was 123/73, resting was 54bpm (highest I've seen in ages...
  2. geoff_tewierik

For you Moorey thought you might like.

If only it was a 29er.
  3. geoff_tewierik

Little Things You Hate

How's she going to digest that one and spin it into a positive for anti-vax?
  4. geoff_tewierik

Tree change

Depends where it is, but parking spots go for >$30K in the city. How many can fit onto that slice of land?
  5. geoff_tewierik

What car do you drive?

Had a Subaru Liberty B4 twin turbo AWD, two bikes, wheels off, across the back seat, no probs, lots of up and down the east coast trips, averaged 10L/100km. Moved onto a BMW 335i twin scroll turbo sedan, couldn't get a towbar for it (@$2k you can blow me BMW) so went with roofracks...
  6. geoff_tewierik

Cyclocross - whats the point?

Due to time restrictions from family commitments I bailed on racing MTB this year and instead went the CX route as there's a good 10+ races within an hour or less from home spread over a good 6 month period and all with entry fees significantly less than MTB races. Having a ball, racing in...
  7. geoff_tewierik

Advice from a Sparky.

FIL just had a sparky over to put in a socket for him to plug his caravan into the night before he sets off so he can get the fridge cold. He was gutted when the sparky told him he had to rewire the illegal air conditioning power connection that was tapping the mains prior to the meter...
  8. geoff_tewierik

Blood Racing. How fast do you bleed?

Missed a couple of donations earlier in the year due to a virus. Got back into the groove today and racked up a 5:18, resting pulse was 48, BP was 131/82.
  9. geoff_tewierik

Negative gearing an investment property?

Yep it's legit, nothing you can do about it, that info is freely available online or via a paid service.
  10. geoff_tewierik

Balance Bike Build

Just on $1k. And for wheels, check out ebay and Amazon - both have them as items regularly listed. The aussie supplier I had FTR order mine from no longer stock them apparently.
  11. geoff_tewierik

Balance Bike Build

Need to get home and do some quick measurements and see if the Kumo fits into the guidelines for this: http://www.bmxaustralia.com.au/en-us/membership/bmxminiwheelers.aspx
  12. geoff_tewierik

The Beer Economy

Haven't been in the beer economy for a long time, used to have slabs in the back of the car specifically for it. Recently paid a 6 pack for the loan of a BOGear Royd bag to transport a track bike from Melbourne back home to Brisbane. And not long after that got paid a 6 pack for organising...
  13. geoff_tewierik

Balance Bike Build

That Jumper is pretty light weight even before the conversion. Wonder how a Zelvy compares?
  14. geoff_tewierik

POS Feeling blue from the rain or is that turquiose? (Yeti)

Nice looking bike Andy. Can see Max getting all warm and fuzzy over this one.
  15. geoff_tewierik

Cyclocross gallery - post yours!

Focus are using Front: 100x15mm, 77.1 g, Rear: 142x12mm 63,8g