Recent content by gillyske

1. gillyske

12sp XT or XTR hubs

did you go for XT or XTR? Im keen on building a new rear wheel and the price on the XT seems hard to pass up
  2. gillyske

Warburton trail updates

https://www.rideyarraranges.com.au/environmental-values-at-the-heart-of-warburton-mountain-bike-trails/?fbclid=IwAR0EcVGADOVuqiKZbisaSpgPNBVA8SMtuq-vOtvH5_aV9OPHRfZtj5XJ8xU It feels like the Warburton MTB destination project is dead in the water? I was really looking forward to this as I never...
  3. gillyske

Have Mountain Bikers become the new Motards?

I genuinely wonder if theres a bunch of Ned Flanders types out there removing challenging features because they are far too hard for them or is it kids getting hurt and parents demanding they be removed. I think b-lines might be a necessary evil. I mean if I cant ride something I walk it but I...
  4. gillyske

And have you ever considered what those features might do to someones strava times?
  5. gillyske

What do people mean by removing features? i've only ever seen people add features to trails.
  6. gillyske

Nukeproof ARD buy from CRC

just know that with the nukeproof ones you WILL have to cut them down eventually.
  7. gillyske

Single chainset obsession?

i meant the chainring being 46t and interfering with ground clearance. FS bikes are quite low to the ground when bottomed out, i imagine one with a 46t front chainring would be like 2mm off the ground.
  8. gillyske

Single chainset obsession?

Not to mention lower BB heights. imagine a modern enduro bike with a 46t granny going through a rock garden
  9. gillyske

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Whered you get the shaft from?
  10. gillyske

Recommend me a pedal thats better than a Vault

You can run the DMR vaults with runners. I've had vaults on a loaner bike and my mates just used runners with them. I would always gets comments like, those pedals are so grippy how is that even possible etc. Then they notice the tred on their runners is missing some bits.
  11. gillyske

ENDURO NEWB BIKE SELECTION

Would you consider direct sales brands like Commencal and Canyon? You can get a lot of bike for your $.
  12. gillyske

Newly Released Suspension Components General

whats this thing on Sam's bike?
  13. gillyske

Bike computer suggestions

i didnt expect this to actually exist. i just wanted a way to measure progress
  14. gillyske

Is there not some kind of AR Sunglasses set or contact lens? we riding in the dark ages here.
  15. gillyske

what if i wanted something to use as a speedometer to see how fast i'm entering/exiting a corner?