Recent content by go to bed jessica

1. go to bed jessica

The Cheap Race Thread [NSW]. NOW WITH CALENDAR

This Sunday the 20th WSMTB are holding the second round of the CamelBak 4hr series supported by Bikeminded at the grand old girl of Sydney mountainbiking, Yellomundee Regional Park - $30 solo entry for MTBA members, but there is a $10 late entry fee on the day. Details and online entries here...
  2. go to bed jessica

2012 Jetblack NSW All Schools MTB champs

Here they are, please see attached.
  3. go to bed jessica

Rider etiquette sticky?

For sure, at every race these days the rider breifing always has something about overtaking, and the actions the riders involved should take. I was always under the impression that this was aimed at situations where a rider is being lapped or similar, not at two people racing each other...
  4. go to bed jessica

Rider etiquette sticky?

I've always thought that if you are racing for position then it's a case of wating till you have an oppertunity to pass. For example at Yarramundi if I get caught behind someone who is slower in singletrack than myself but whom I'm racing directly against, that's my tough luck until I can work...
  5. go to bed jessica

Convict (Dirt Works) 100 2012

For what it's worth, both times I've ridden this event in the past I've shuffled (walking would be pushing it, it was a true shuffle) across that bridge while simultaneously shitting my pants, I hate the bloody thing. Give me Hammerhead at Stromlo over the bridge any day.
  6. go to bed jessica

Track Rage

Two idiots working together if you ask me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPLYStAuZt0 Nice trail though!
  7. go to bed jessica

WSMTB 4 hour serise, twilight round 1, (vampires optional) sat 19th nov,

That was me, thanks again for letting me sit on and babble for a bit, it was much appriciated! I'm glad I saw it was a carpet python you run over, cause my reaction was to stop, and yours was to go - for a couple of seconds it was me, a snake and darkness. If I didn't know it was a python I...
  8. go to bed jessica

WSMTB Club XC round 6 - 11th September Blue Gum Lodge

Just under 5km I think, lucky you are racing A grade to get the K's up hey!
  9. go to bed jessica

WSMTB Club XC round 6 - 11th September Blue Gum Lodge

Track is in great condition for tomorrow, very grippy but totally dry and fast the whole way around.
  10. go to bed jessica

Lower back pain - Body Posture

Just to echo the majority or reponses, make an apointment to see a sports physio ASAP. The lower back is a very complex area, often any small issue will show itself elsewhere and make it very hard to self dignose what is really going on. I was dignosed with several lower back issues at 16 almost...
  11. go to bed jessica

Rocky Trail's SHIMANO MTB Grand Prix Series 2011

Lack of a reliable internet signal to upload the results I'm told. Keep in mind RTE had another event on today and stayed the night at Awaba.
  12. go to bed jessica

Yellomundee 24th July

A cruel bunch who read forums and like to keep people on their toes I would say.
  13. go to bed jessica

Woodford Glenbrook Classic entries now open

Bwahhaaaa! You poor bastard, I can imagine the reaction when you realised. I had a top day, I take the piss out of this race a fair bit but it is an awesome event, heaps of fun. Spectating on the last corner of Bennetts Ridge after your race is always good too.
  14. go to bed jessica

Craig Gordon involved in hit run.

This sucks...... I hope that it's not too serious, he's broken his back in the past and come back stronger so hopefully he can do it again. Without any details of what happened I can only hope the driver involved has not realised they've hit him, but that might be pushing my faith in humanity a bit.
  15. go to bed jessica

The oaks

Still waiting for a 29er to step up and win the Woody Worlds though. Pathetic form from the 29er brigade if you ask me........... But yeah, a race preped 29er would in my mind be the most ideal bike for the Oaks..... But the most fun I've had riding it was on a $100 Kmart bike, so if I had...