Recent content by Gratulin

1. G

SRAM Level levers with Guide Caliper?

Thanks for the feedback. Even though it should work seems that no one mixes Level and Guide components. Perhaps the pricing is so close between the product lines that there is no incentive?
  2. G

SRAM Level levers with Guide Caliper?

Hi, Does anyone know if you can run Guide calipers on SRAM Level levers? I have hunted everywhere but cannot find any reference to compatibility between Level and Guide brake components. There doesn’t seem to be any examples of mixed brake components on new bike specs either. So I am thinking...
  3. G

Lapierre EZesty

Motor is made by Fazua. German company.
  4. G

Chain reaction cycles

I’m hoping bicyclesonline also turn out ok. I can drop into their warehouse after my ride if anything goes wrong :)
  5. G

The Born Again Wagon Wheeler

Thanks. Good feedback. Stack numbers can be misleading but without ever seeing an XL Genius it is hard to know if it will be ok. There are about 5 stores selling Scott around me in Sydney and not one has an XL Genius to look at let alone demo.
  6. G

https://www.bicyclesonline.com.au It isn’t released yet but they will be taking pre-orders soon. Also, they have a 14 day test ride period. You can ship it back if you don’t like it.
  7. G

The GT is another bike I took off my shortlist due to low stack. Am I misunderstanding the importance of the stack height. I've only tested a Stumpjumper and loved the high frontend but it was too short in the reach.
  8. G

I'd be keen to know how you find the bar height. The stack number is low compare to some other bikes and one reviewer called it out since they were 6'3". This is especially important for taller riders such as myself. I've taken the Genius off my shortlist for this reason only. otherwise really...
  9. G

I am same size and also trying to chose a bike with no XLs to demo. What do you think of new Marin Alpine Trail? Reach is 490 and stack is 642. https://www.marinbikes.com/au/bikes/2019-mountain-full-suspension-enduro-29-alpine-trail-8