Recent content by greendream

1. greendream

Why you ride

I concur with all of the above and would like to add: I love the tough guy scratches, scrapes, cuts, contusions and scars that come with the turf (the entire risk v reward thing) which my family tease me about but remind me that I'm alive and a still kicking gen Xer.
  2. greendream

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

100kg+ here and the Bike Yoke 185mm has not let me down in over two years of service.
  3. greendream

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

FFS if this is the case we all may have an argument for "payback". Every war and colonising event has its fair share of atrocities usually attributed to the losers. This primitive payback argument should bear no weight in this day and age. But then again it don't take long for us humans to...
  4. greendream

Black Dogs and mental shit in general

Ummm, sorry to go off topic I got my posts mixed up. However music will certainly assist with maintaining and improving mental health and at the same time send one on a massive rant if you get onto JJJ at the wrong time.
  5. greendream

NSW South Coast, beach & bike holiday.

Thanks. Beach is just for swimming, my surfing days are long gone. You're right Wollongong is not far enough away from Sydney now but Tathra makes it quite a road trip in terms of distance. Although I really find the Eden area quite pleasant, not to mention the killer whale museum. I'm not too...
  6. greendream

Black Dogs and mental shit in general

I'm a fan of JJ for similar reasons. The range and styles of music they play is outstanding & I like a bit of Tim Rogers @ liquid lunch. I can listen to JJJ for short periods but then the ongoing political/woke approach along with some of the "music" that is broadcasted tends to annoy me now. I...
  7. greendream

NSW South Coast, beach & bike holiday.

Happy New Year for you all!!! My lovely missus & I are planning a week away during late Feb/early March to enjoy the end of summer. We plan to stay somewhere within in walking distance to a surf beach and I would like to take my "black girlfriend" to go out for a spin on some local tracks if at...
  8. greendream

Cracked bike insurance?

Likewise. I use the CBA for my home & contents with a similar portable contents provision. Last time I had to use is when the 4 year old Turner 5 spot cracked its set tube right through just above the front derailieur whilst I was farking about the local BMX track. All I had to do was get a...
  9. greendream

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

Best thing about visiting Japan.
  10. greendream

Posting my ride and oven appreciation.

Love the Pikes. so nice and shiny & new. Enjoy playing with your knobs, you will be handsomely rewarded.;)
  11. greendream

Where to buy a new bike in Sydney?

Some farker always has to take the joy away with a reality check.:eek:
  12. greendream

4 sure. And his oldies are most pleased that he's away from his devices and console and getting out and about in the fresh air now it's school holidays time.
  13. greendream

An update. The nephew went with the Marin San Quetin 1 and he loves it. Appears to be the right bike for his needs so far, blasting around the inner city and along the river. Thanks for helping me out with the search & making a young fella happy.
  14. greendream

Dealing with injury risk

Testify good Reverend. ;)
  15. greendream

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

sound like my my ride this morning, although i got push 4 x laps in. I'm thinking the new vaccine passport is a takeaway coffee and/or smoothie with the phone & ear pods & dog on/off the leash? Oh and the newbs on places on the tracks they should just not be. I appreciate you've gotta explore...