Recent content by gummo8

1. G

VIC **SOLD** Wolftooth Chainring 36T 104BCD

** SOLD PLEASE REMOVE** Sold pending payment. Cheers.
  2. G

VIC **SOLD** Wolftooth Chainring 36T 104BCD

Item: Wolftooth Chainring 36T 104BCD Blacl Location: Prahran Item Condition: Commuted to work twice (36kms) Reason for selling: Too big Price and price conditions: $40 Pick up and cash
  3. G

VIC **SOLD** Bontrager Rhythm Elite 29 Wheelset

Sorry mate i haven't a clue. Maybe someone could chime in?
  4. G

VIC **SOLD** Bontrager Rhythm Elite 29 Wheelset

Item: ***SOLD***Bontrager Rhythm Elite 29 Wheelset (15mm Front, 142x12 Rear, 6 bolt) and Bontrager XR3 Tubeless Tyres - 2.35 Location: Prahran, Melbourne Item condition: Used but in good condition. Reason for selling: Using my other wheelset Price:Price Drop - $200 **Pick up only, no...
  5. G

XC Trek Fuel EX9:- Now with questions

Yeah that is my trouble, i never use it. I think it has to do with the fact it is my first one, and also the trails i ride at the moment don't justify it. However, i moving back to NZ soon so i am reluctant to take it off as i was going to beef up the front with a Pike cut down to 130mm and...
  6. G

XC Trek Fuel EX9:- Now with questions

Very nice Got one of these a while back but have only changed the wheels and tyres so far (Arch EX with Ikon rear and Nobby Nic front) but has made a noticeable difference. Am looking at going 1x10 also, and chucking a carbon bar on. May i ask why you ditched the dropper post that came...
  7. G

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

Sea to Summit Spark Hi, On the subject of sleeping equipment...wondering if anyone has bought, or knows anyone with some real world experience with these: http://www.seatosummit.com.au/sleepingbags/series/?series=spark Obviously fairly tempting for the bike given the weight and size it...
  8. G

Bike packing bags

Frame Bags http://www.revelatedesigns.com There are quite a few other options as well. I believe an Aussie fella, Bike Bag Guy? Someone here will know. Also plenty of info on the 'Self Sufficient Bike Packing Thread' in the forums here.
  9. G

Hardtail seatpost and bars Ti, Alloy or carbon

Ahh exactly what i have been looking for. As i use a Thomson Layback, was looking for a carbon equivalent and came across the Niner RDO in Layback version (not cheap). Anyone have any experience with these otherwise i will just have a crack at the P6? Also struggling to find anyone that...
  10. G

1x10 without a chainguide

Hey wondering for those who bought a wolftooth, what kind of time it took to arrive? Ordered one on 30th May and hasn't arrived yet.
  11. G

29er wheels

Arch vs Arch EX Hey, Just read this thread for info on a new wheelset. Im sold on some Stans Arch rims, however after reading this thread and others on mtbr, I'm not sure which Arch model rim to get. Stans website states the EX version is lighter and stronger etc, but there seems to be a...
  12. G

Garmin Edge 800

Edge 800 from CRC Thought i wouldn't start a new thread considering its close enough. Has anyone got any experience with an Edge 800 from CRC? I have been looking at them for a while and see they are currently 38% off, down to 350 aud for just the unit. I know they will have the wrong...
  13. G

clip in's?

Yeah use clips. I used them for the first time in the Odyssey 50km, very happy i did!! One awkward fall when the rider in front fell at low speed learned me, and i was fine for the remainder of the race.
  14. G

Places to ride in New Zealand south island

Mate if you are staying in Ashvegas, you will not find any riding there so definitely hit Queenstown and Wanaka up. I would look at going to Nelson also, it is another couple of hours North of Arthurs Pass. Ashburton is in between Nelson and Quenstown (about 5hrs north is Nelson, 4hrs South...
  15. G

Some Giant 2012

Yeah i was told they won't be selling Reign X this year due to demand for them in Aus not being great.