Recent content by Haakon

1. Haakon

Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

https://youtube.com/shorts/P83oeAn3BEE?si=uYKC4gsshJTRLgj5
  2. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

My Mum used to really enjoy bringing them in, feeding them tea and biscuits and asking earnest questions of them. As the local hippie pagans, the JWs used to come out to try to save them quite often. Eventually they got sick of being unable to answer the pointed questions about the bible etc as...
  3. Haakon

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/FEPfzFtZPhNSJiM2/?mibextid=0VwfS7
  4. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

Just that in my albeit limited experience a ranger or cruiser is not actually a better experience… I’d rather daily drive that Metro than a ranger :) I jsut don’t get the appeal of the top heavy ponderous things. It’s not comfortable to me the feeling of fightjng physics.
  5. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

Anyway, you’d have to be on a different planet to think most people buy those stupid things for objectively practical or sensible reasons. Most are bought for the ego factor. People think they’re “cool”. The defensiveness and reels of reverse engineered “justifications” are just a bit silly…
  6. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

30%…? Ok, well maybe it’s a bit different in SA… I thought Hobart roads were pretty bad, but they’re sealed. I grew up out in the bush 8kms up a bush track, and our Euro cars did just fine. Dunno. I just don’t get how wrangling two tonnes of agricultural machinery around at speed is fun or...
  7. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

Sorry. I guess I’m just accustomed to not freaking out and slowing right down for every corner.
  8. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

Yeah, I don’t get it. I’ve spent plenty of time in large 4WDs and they all suck arse on the road. Maybe if you get a kick out of the intimidation factor, but beyond that they’re jsut shit on normal roads.
  9. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

Anyway - “I just want one” is a fair enough reason for the most part. The fairly transparent justifications jsut look silly ;)
  10. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

A few bags of cement id just chuck in the boot of the Alfa anyway…
  11. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

Less of a pain than piloting around a dynamically compromised oversized pos for 99% of the time you’re driving it…
  12. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

A Model Y would tow that size trailer as if it wasnt even there...
  13. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

I dont know about the pillock bit, but if he is worried about what other people think I guess thats something he can raise with his therapist. But have towed big 8x5 tandem cages plenty of time with a Peugeot 504 - it did fine. Havent had the need for that amount of trailer space for a while...
  14. Haakon

Niggling 'injury' whinge

I had frozen shoulder from three months in a sling with a non union collarbone break. When I went in for surgery to have the plate put in, I got the surgeon to break the adhesions while I under the general anesthetic. Woke up with a nicely free shoulder thats been fine since!
  15. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

I call bullshit. If he really wanted room to carry stuff he'd buy a trailer or a van...