Recent content by hakka

1. hakka

Funn hub stuck bearing

Yep, these are usually pretty good.
  2. hakka

Funn hub stuck bearing

LBS got it out using a blind bearing puller. I ordered a puller off ebay for next time.
  3. hakka

Funn hub stuck bearing

not sure if the plastic bit comes off the freehub.
  4. hakka

Funn hub stuck bearing

I have a Funn Fantom hub, one of the bearings in the freehub shit itself today. I got the outer bearing and spacer out, but the inner bearing is stuck in there pretty good, trying to knock it out the bearing came apart leaving the outer race in the hub. Any ideas on how to get this out or is...
  5. hakka

Found

https://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/fox-launch-pro-knee-guard-black https://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/fox-launch-pro-elbow-guard-black I have these in a large, worn once, didn't fit right.
  6. hakka

Another stuck thread

On the subject of neckbraces i've never seen anyone wearing one, except watching downhill races on youtube. Do they even work without a full face helmet?
  7. hakka

Another stuck thread

I rode home so mine doesn't count.
  8. hakka

Another stuck thread

I'm not a downhill rider, I was just riding down a hill on an XC ride.
  9. hakka

Another stuck thread

I copped a broken rib, a big gash on my back and destroyed a helmet. Pretty lucky really.
  10. hakka

Another stuck thread

Yep. I have a few $ invested in cinch chainrings so swapping to something else will be expensive.
  11. hakka

Another stuck thread

bent thread, but now that i think about it that's the thread for the crank puller tool, not the crank bolt so I'll see how it goes.
  12. hakka

Another stuck thread

Looks like it's hit right on the end of the bolt, crank is deformed too. I've noticed the odd clunk since the crash, felt like a loose crank, that's why I was pulling it apart to check. Drivetrain didn't seem to be running smooth around the chainring the other day too. Bike went about 8...
  13. hakka

Another stuck thread

This isn't good:
  14. hakka

Another stuck thread

The top of the bolt is bent out of shape, I had a big crash a few weeks back and the bike tumbled down a rocky hill, it probably took a hit from a rock along the way.
  15. hakka

Another stuck thread

That got it, thanks mate.