Recent content by hamishf

1. H

Cannondale Frames

The alloy ones seem to be the frames people speak the most highly of, in fact, a caad 9 is one of my dream bikes at the moment- xl size if you're askin
  2. H

Giant XTC Carbon 2012- 29er

Giant's saying mid-August for its local launch of new everything. I'm tempted by one of these at the moment as I'm sure prices will be coming down more as bigger shops try to get rid of the 2012 models
  3. H

Track Cranks

check fixed.org.au for 2nd hand cranks or track supermarket and a similar Japan based online retailer do cranks quite cheaply. My favourites are sugino 75s. you can get them for about 240 delivered but there are plenty of cheaper options around. sugino messengers are great and can be found...
  4. H

Garmin 705

I was tossing up between the 705 and the 500 ended up buying the 500. One of the things you need to ask is how much you're going to actually use the maps if say you've got an iphone or other gps? The size of the 705 was slightly off putting combined with stories about problems with them flying...
  5. H

Campagnolo questions

I tend to think you should seek another opinion. Campy stuff can be fickle as I've found out recently but a shifter of that age should still be ok or just need some minor work rather than replacing or rebuilding. The problem you can run into replacing campag parts is that some don't take well...
  6. H

Internet parts shopping

The best ones are the online shops which offer free shipping for orders over a certain amount. Wiggle seems to be more reasonable at this than others. Their turnaround time is pretty amazing too. The others mentioned like CRC or competitive cyclist have shipping that is reasonable too.