Recent content by hasbeen

1. H

sydneysiders: old great north rd ride planned 14th August

seems there is no love on the watering hole section :( i think all of 'em are into catchin' lift up hills and bombin' down for a few kays.... not my thing.... riding uphills makes the downhills more satisfying anyway, anyone in sydney interested to join me on a 30kay ride in wisemans...
  2. H

Lower back pain

not good but not much you can do,,,,, surgery can screw your back even more all my discs have been flattened ppl complain about pain..... how is the pain, shooting down one side or in the lower back area only?
  3. H

Slicks

i just bought some Geax Roadrunners... 1.5 they are heaps sweeter than my old IRC metros the metros were long wearing but after a few years i had to chuck them anyway cause they started cracking on the sidewalls also metro are way too slippery geax seem to ride smoother, spin fast...
  4. H

Epic ride - Sat 14/8 Old Great North Rd

this one is for the crusties i am definitely going regardless come along for the ride if you like
  5. H

learsport

all i can say is... you get what you pay for..... my cousin bought an alterrain1 learsport... it is an ok duallie for the $$... reasonably specced and rides ok for $399.... apparently it was originally $999 :wink: then it is "for sale" on the net for $699 anyway, yes it doesn't bob BUT...
  6. H

Keeping Up Your Fluids on Rides

i got a 2.5L platypus with one deuter small pack and a larger kathmandu pack also recently bought another 1L pack as an extra for those longer rides didn't need even half the 2.5 pack on the oakes or manly dam... but i remember running out of water once when i went on MtHay on a 36degree day
  7. H

Oakes Fire Trail Saturday 5/6/04

went up on saturday so many ppl!!! haven't been there for 5yrs... it was like a fire trail mtb highway :shock: good thing was everyone was friendly and atmosphere was awesome except one dickhead.... he was riding up the last bit of the hill and i was walking with my friend... he...
  8. H

Lower back pain

just got back from oakes..... and no back pain at all from the 6km of bone shaking downhill with my hardtail... my back would be sore for the next couple of days BUT with my plush VT.... i sat back and enjoyed the scenery yeah.. i know... it is like cheating... but who cares.. i'm still...
  9. H

Manitou Swinger losing air?

thanks for the hint re the valve core it is losing air even midway through a ride now... i called the bike shop and they are gonna check it out i think there is something seriously wrong :cry:
  10. H

this has been moved forward to this saturday 29th..... 10:30 @ woodford station..... depart @ 10:45 from station.... call me if your wondering 0411663349
  11. H

Manitou Swinger losing air?

SERIOUS!... man i didn't know that more high maintence that a chick!!! :wink: thanks for reassuring me.... to check tyres and shock before a ride........... check!
  12. H

I'm gonna do Oakes Fire Trail on the 5/6/04.... welcome to come Meet @ Woodford Station around 10:30am
  13. H

can any1 show me manly dam on 22/5/04....

wow, great ride.... just a bit short..... but it was ok, because we got lost trying to find the track the ride has it all, big downhills, technical bits, open singletrack...... well signposted.... all rideable if you got the skills the only bit that was crap was some parts were closed...
  14. H

chain suck on FS

i got a armadillo protector on it... ur not referring to a chain guide r u?
  15. H

my tyres suck... need suggestions

hutchinson scorpions came with my bike.... they suck.... give me some suggestions please i usually commute at least 1x a week, so i want a reasonably light and fast tyre but something that has reasonable grip for sydney conditions\ off road, i generally do epic XC rides... no racing, no...