Recent content by Haylex

1. H

rear coil shock for a V2 Banshee Rune, would need 216 x 63mm

Had a DB coil IL on my v2 rune ages ago - never thought it wasn't up to the task. I am a lighter rider though ~60kg. Had a 400lb spring and the bike loved it.
  2. H

Thinking of giving a gravel bike a crack

The difference in components between those two bikes wont make any measurable difference to your ride experience, except the dropper - depends what you want to ride. Anything that requires a dropper should be ridden on a mtb imo - bouncing down a rough trail on the hoods sucks. And of course...
  3. H

Post your wicked BANSHEE thread....

humor me, whats the rrp for banshee frames these days? wasn't a paradox like 1250? bought my rune v2 back in the day from mtbd for like $1700. Seems like they have fallen out of RB forum darling status after the the v3 frames were released and are now just RB approved :D edit found pricing...
  4. H

Canyon Spectral - creaking headset

Probably, yep! So now the $100 fix is a $10 fix.
  5. H

Not entirely sure - I would say it is possible but depends on the design. You need to disassemble the Cane Creek top cap somewhat, to remove their compression ring as its not required. Literally all you end up using is the flat metal top section with the text printed on it.
  6. H

Yes same issue, uses the same plastic components under the bar/stem. edit - so no, the issue is not related to the integrated bar and stem - they are fine.
  7. H

Alright, dropped my fork tonight expecting the worst.... To be honest, its a complete non issue for me, thank fk. No marks on the steerer, cleaned up the old grease off the bearings and they spin smoothly. Cleaned everything up, regreased and reassembled and we are good to go for another 6...
  8. H

Im using the standard bearings. All I got rid of was the stock plastic top cap and spacers and replaced them with metal items - see first page of this thread.
  9. H

I have about 750km of hitting rocks on mine since I changed to the cane creek top cap and metal spacers. Including 20k VM of descending at Thredbo in Jan. Its been silent the entire time. Ill pull it apart shortly to inspect and post results, maybe tonight
  10. H

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Pretty much! except with 15 more cc and a clutch :D
  11. H

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

After years of procrastinating, I decided to get my motorbike licence. Enter the errand mobile. Never thought you could have so much fun with 10hp. It also uses like 1.5L/100km wide open throttle everywhere. Its more fun than it should be. Oh and it also cost less new with 12 months rego...
  12. H

Canyon were awesome in my experience. I didn't bother asking them about the topcap and spacer because I did it from brand new - it never actually creaked on me. They are nicer items than that plastic garbage so I didn't really care - think of it as an upgrade. But, my fork did need a service...
  13. H

Its actually less. $70 for topcap from MTBD, <$10 for spacers? You dont need to replace the integrated bars.
  14. H

Yea the bike rides great once its resolved. Cop the $100 or if you really want to get up canyon about it, you could get them to reimburse you. I think the top cap you need is a ZS49
  15. H

its not that, its a different design. Had to explain without pulling it apart but the upper race/preload thing is massive