Recent content by Hew

1. Hew

Exotic car hire for a day in Sydney - dumb idea?

For future reference: Check out www.drivemycar.com.au. Lots of average cars but the odd M3/Lotus/GTR. Significantly cheaper, typically negotiable and the excess will be much lower.
  2. Hew

The gaming thread

My CPU overclock from 3.5GHz to 4.4GHz made a difference of 10-15fps, which makes a big difference when it increases the minimum framerate from ~50 to ~60+. Means you don't get stuttering in big fight scenes, which obviously allows you to react better. Depends on your obsession with 60fps I...
  3. Hew

The gaming thread

Easy! I have a 4670k at 4.4GHz. No higher because I can't be bothered with more stress testing. Really made a big difference in CPU intensive games like Battlefield and GTA V. Skylake chips are good OC'ers. EDIT: Also like the purple a lot :)
  4. Hew

Greyhound Racing

Look, I know this is fairly off topic but I have to ask; honestly, what do you see in Bernard Gaynor? The content on his site is actually right on the knife edge between satire and delirium. I'm serious. I honestly cannot figure out if he is serious or just taking everyone to the cleaners for...
  5. Hew

The stupid questions thread.

Stupid question: I've been told that police (HWP) are not allowed to speed gun/book you on a downhill slope upon which the car accelerates without any input from the driver, thus potentially accerating past the legal limit without ones noticing. Lies/Truth?? There is a hill near my place that...
  6. Hew

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

E36 M3? Maybe too sporty/small rear seats, but a DC Integra? Renault Megane RS/sport? Heaps of variants, but you can get a 2004-2007 one for your budget. 2 and 4 door options available. Mini Cooper S? Maybe pushing budget a bit, but Evo V/VI? Not sure about being dailyable...
  7. Hew

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

I seriously hope she didn't buy the bike back from the thief, as she stated in her ad. I'm sure one or more of us could ensure that during the meeting she got the bike back cleanly and without having to pay some scumbag.
  8. Hew

The last movie you've last watched last

I personally hated this film. Love the music, hated the movie. Just seemed so forced, like the guys were standing around behind set being like nah nah nah it was like this, pushing their characters to be all gangster and shit. It didn't feel truthful and they tried to cover too much at once...
  9. Hew

The gaming thread

Nah it's still loads of fun without friends. Because the matches are short and fast paced if you're getting smashed by the other team it'll be over pretty quickly anyway so it's not really a big loss. The main thing I have been learning is that team balance is super important. You have to...
  10. Hew

roger rogerson - cop that you scum

Second. 10Char.
  11. Hew

The gaming thread

Yeah, definitely. Have to say I am a big fan of the survivalism style direction that a lot of games are going. Though many have tried, few have got it right so far. On the note of survivalist, I'm really looking forward to scrap mechanic. It looks like so much fun but I fear I'm not of the...
  12. Hew

Totally agree. Like others had a few close calls. Wrote my old falcon off over a creek into the embankment on the other side! Slowed down a lot since then. Currently have Bridgestone Potenza RE003's on the civic. Great tyre. Figure I might as well post a few photos of the civic. Basic...
  13. Hew

Yes and no. I don't ever want to do it again, haha! Sometimes working on cars is fun and exciting but I don't really enjoy being under the civic all that much - mainly due to how bloody low it is. I have barely enough room to move under there. And there's so much oil and grime. :sad:
  14. Hew

Spent 7 hours under the civic yesterday trying to change the steering rack. Ball joints came out ok, noted the position of the adjustment, removed the bitch pin, dropped the shifter linkages, dropped the exhaust, pulled the carpet and removed the bolts holding the rack into the steering column...
  15. Hew

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: They have some serious collectors there. Where do they get the money?! They have an F40. *sigh* That car makes me sad because I know I will never drive it. :sad: