Recent content by Hobzai

1. Hobzai

Whistler 2012

Home again. Disappointing trip from a park riding perspective. Had a piddling little dismount early in the trip and strained a bicep tendon on the same shoulder I separated a couple of years ago. Kristy at Whistler Physio did her utmost with all her magical machines, but I was only able to...
  2. Hobzai

Whistler 2012

Aha, "Come to Whistler, just the once. Go on... all the cool kids are doing it. What's the harm in trying it?" Probably the right thing to do in not riding those last four days, though!
  3. Hobzai

Whistler 2012

Further to the issue of the cost of travelling with bikes, Air Canada are now paying attention to baggage receipts and extracting a AUD$70 charge for the second checked bag at SYD. In years gone by we've managed to get away with not paying extra for the bike bags due to my Qantas Club allowance...
  4. Hobzai

Whistler 2012

Very interested to hear how this went, we're planning a Sun Peaks visit this time round. I've heard steep and tech, bit shaley. Not so jumpy/bermy as Silver Star.
  5. Hobzai

Whistler 2012

WHISTLER CLAW! :) I usually ice pack my hands after every days riding to try and stop the onset of it. Five days straight is about my limit.
  6. Hobzai

Whistler 2012

We've booked our Whistler>YVR transfer with Pacific Coach and just ponied up the extra for the bikes. They do a condo pickup so we're not faffing around with two bike cases. We've used them every time; they make it super-easy and I reckon it's worth the extra. My gal and I will be back at...
  7. Hobzai

Had your bike nicked in Perth? Maybe this character can help.

From the Murdoch web press: A 27-YEAR-old man is facing a string of charges over allegations he stole dozens of bicycles and sold them to second hand dealers. Police will allege the Beaconsfield man stole dozens of expensive bikes over several months in the Perth CBD. It’s alleged he...
  8. Hobzai

FOUND Anyone in WA lost a Glory DH1 with green stickered Boxxers?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GIANT-GLORY-DH1-COMPETITION-MOUNTAIN-BIKE-/280684376976 Looks to be Cash Converters Belmont. The green stickers on the Boxxers are pretty distinctive. Not saying this is stolen but there's always a chance. Anyone missing this?
  9. Hobzai

WA 2007 Boxxer Team - SOLD

Price drop, folks.
  10. Hobzai

*bump* Still got these - lovely Boxxers, one careful owner.
  11. Hobzai

Working at the Mines (unskilled and skilled jobs)

I know of one person paying very close to that in Karratha. She shares with three other people to make it worthwhile and the house is 20 years old.
  12. Hobzai

I was one of those kids that was always taking old radios and TVs to pieces or fixing my mates stereos. I did Electronics Engineering but unfortunately I burnt out big time during uni and ended up taking far too long to get my degree. After that I'd had enough of Engineering and Engineers so I...
  13. Hobzai

+1 for Hamsta's post. Less flies, less dust and if you're talking about WA's North West, it's usually cooler out on the Shelf as well. Conversely you could find yourself needle gunning handrails in 40 knots and hailstones like some of the poor bastards on the rig I'm on right now. If you...
  14. Hobzai

New trail at whistler

I think I'll just stay on Ninja Cougar.... That thing looks like a trip to 4380 Lorimer Rd waiting to happen for an old guy like me.
  15. Hobzai

Now $450 posted, Rotorburners.