Recent content by houli77

1. H

Starting a forum?

My primary needs would be - Control over posts. - planning on involving suppliers and their personal tech support as well as techs on the ground which would require some moderation on techs who don't know or prefer certain systems to prevent them from trolling specific companies, systems or...
  2. H

Starting a forum?

Discourse looks cool - I like - "Read or post from your laptop, tablet, and phone without constantly being told this site has an app, do you want it?" Fuck I hate tapatalk for that..
  3. H

Starting a forum?

Anyone savvy on programs for forum hosting? I've done some research and the webs is overflowing with options. Have a good long term idea for a niche tech forum within the industry I work. Would become a virtual help desk of sorts and possibly tie in with future plans for branching out into...
  4. H

I didn't want to do this, but.... Howling/vibrating Zee brake on Devinci Dixon.

Have you got a sticky piston? Take pads out and squeeze lever while watching to see that all Pistons pull in and release at same rate from either side etc. zees are 4 pot yeah? If one piston is a bit sluggish it'll do all sorts of weird things inc make noise and never centre properly if you do...
  5. H

Nomad vs SB6C

New nomad is the first 6inch plus bike where I've honestly felt comfortable being seated on steep climbs. 50mm stem and the front wheel stays planted. Not that I bought it for its climbing prowess, that's just a bonus. Would love to try sb6 too, it was on my radar when I was informed of delay s...
  6. H

Byron Bay Farmstay

Rode there last weekend. I was pleasantly surprised! Cost $5 if ur a mtba member, and there's actually been quite a bit of work done. I'm more than happy to pay for what's there.. Lots of small jumps, berms and rocky sections. There's a double black diamond" trail. I wouldn't call it double...
  7. H

Nomad vs SB6C

Recently acquired the new carbon nomad in XL.. Definitely a different beast. Coming off a 26 inch specialized enduro. It did require some attitude and body position adjustment, it's very long.. It needs to be ridden quite aggressively for it to work, but it rewards you for it. But still no...
  8. H

Old bike projects

I've got an old classic v10 frame under my house in reasonable knick. Def keeping it. One day when I have time I'll build it up again, perhaps to old spec which would be funny or go full modern lightweight parts. The thickness of the alu gusseting and tubing is just crazy. So heavy and over...
  9. H

Workstand clamp with carbon frame and stealth dropper?

I hear ya on the white cables, but I'm actually coming around to it. I had black goodridge outers for the build but they're a bees dick bigger than standard and wouldn't fit the grommets and internal frame routing. I had an old bulk box of white outer so to finish the build - white is was...
  10. H

Its fancy... My dream bike, just over 12kg, slays it downhill and is great pedaling up. I'll prob just clamp the top tube with some padding. With a 150 dropper my seat is too low to clamp post or frame below seatpost without sliding stealth cable through frame and really can't be f'd
  11. H

Just wondering what's the go? On my old frame with externally routed dropper I had an old seatpost I'd quickly insert to use on work stand or just clamp the frame itself once I stopped caring.. With fancy new carbon frame and stealth dropper post it ain't so simple? Pretty sure I could pad...
  12. H

Light Bicycle Carbon Rims/Wheels (Review Included on 1st Post))

268 and 266mm were the two diff spoke lengths they provided as spares..
  13. H

I have hope hub/same rim built by LB and I have spare spokes which came with. I'll measure them when I get home tonight if no one else knows
  14. H

Sram xx1

I just did the same thing. Wanted 1x11 and bought a mixture of parts to make it heaps cheaper and not much more weight than springing for full xx1 Most of the x01 gear is only a couple grams heavier and a bit cheaper. If yr not in a hurry there's often sales on crc or elsewhere. No intent to...
  15. H

Just received my second set of lb rims for a new build. Latest 27.5 hookless am version. Damn they be wide! And light! Hope hubs, xd driver, got them to build them as I'm time poor. I built my last set. Used their bladed spokes, I'll rebuild them stronger if spokes don't hold up. Pretty cheap...