Recent content by hungrytiger

1. hungrytiger

Bargain buys thread

$47.95! (in 20 inch size)
  2. hungrytiger

Bargain buys thread

My order from R2 took 9 days to reach Melbourne. Didnt really receive any updates after it arrived in Frankfurt on the 29th of Feb, so it was a nice surprise when it turned up this arvo. Everything was present, but the packaging looked like it had been launched off a 5 floor building - bit of a...
  3. hungrytiger

Bargain buys thread

Hi, Now that chain reaction is gone then what sites are people using to get reasonable price parts? (Ze Germans I assume, but which one, it's been a while since I ordered from them). I'm looking at rims and hubs for wheelbuilding dt swiss, hope etc. Cannot believe how much the dt swiss rims are...
  4. hungrytiger

Wiggle and CRC

Anyone bought stuff from wiggle recently and what was the delivery time like?
  5. hungrytiger

Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Update, contacted chain reaction again and got told everything was fine, just handling delays. Then overnight they cancelled my order blaming me for having a "non numeric" postcode :VIC3000 (The way its always been in their system, all prepopulated over my 10 plus years and $1000s of dollars...
  6. hungrytiger

Aw crap, looks likes this is the last time I go with crc.
  7. hungrytiger

Whats the go with chain reaction these days? I ordered stuff from them last week for the first time in ages and the order is still sitting a "processing" one week later. Contacted them and got a generic reply...
  8. hungrytiger

VIC Lysterfield Park

Looking at those figures and the inability to sell bikes or coffee then I reckon an industry partner would be the best bet for the Montague site. It’s a shame that PV couldn’t have come to the party with the visitor centre, it is the perfect location and could be run on a shoestring as a co-op...
  9. hungrytiger

VIC Lysterfield Park

Interesting idea. How long do you reckon it will take for the business to produce $100k for the trails? I get that it's a long game plan, but that's alot of money.
  10. hungrytiger

VIC Lysterfield Park

Kids of lysty, please can you go out and build some trails? Thanks! (Crossposted to tiktok)
  11. hungrytiger

VIC Lysterfield Park

If you want to give PV some feedback about their (mis) management of mtb at lysterfield then now's your chance: https://engage.vic.gov.au/churchill-national-park-and-lysterfield-park-management-plan-amendment
  12. hungrytiger

VIC Lysterfield Park

It was a few years ago when pv started threatening the club with liability due to a number of incidents in the park. The liability is all theirs of course, which we got in writing and that was the end of that. Theres a bit more to it , but that's as much of a summary as I want to give on here...
  13. hungrytiger

VIC Lysterfield Park

I totally agree with you, it is unfortunate. We did it once before though and it worked.
  14. hungrytiger

VIC Lysterfield Park

Stop doing the trail maintenance, withhold the profits from the golden goat, it's the only thing pv understand unfortunately.
  15. hungrytiger

VIC Lysterfield Park

Parks had many options as to how to deal with this situation. I think we've lost around 8km of unofficial trails in the last three years, and we dont seem to have got any new ones.