Recent content by irish_irvs

1. I

moving to wollongon...

haha cheers for the offer wilddemon I'll be taking you up on that, i'll repay with beer if that's ok neil.
  2. I

moving to wollongon...

hey guys thanks loads for the info, sooo much appreciated and thanks loads for the club addresses, im mad looking to race again. depending on work and plans (if I stay in Wollongong) ill get my road and mtb bikes posted over from Ireland, really looking forward to meeting new people and getting...
  3. I

moving to wollongon...

Hi gals and guys, im going to be moving to Wollongong (bulli) mid June. I've been living and working in WA though sadly I never got around to getting a bike sorted. im wondering are there any clubs in Wollongong (road or mtb) and what are the trails like, are they active, are there any proper...
  4. I

Jobs in the best DH/bike parks in Australia???

Where is the UCI world cup DH track at in oz. That's BOUND to be a commercial setup and even goverment run... Most tracks of that nature in the world are... Neil.
  5. I

Hmmm I think a month or 2 in Canada is calling me later in the year. I wonder can I get to whistler and get a job Neil
  6. I

Are there no commercial bike parks like what's done in whilster?? I've enough experience racing in Ireland in the UCI XC and DH league and putting together bikes, I'd love to get a hot for a wile working at a camp or bike park. Neil.
  7. I

Hey everyone, I'm hoping I don't start a huge debate but I'm wondering what's the BEST bike park/DH park in Australia??? Also would it be possible to get a job on these said parks??? I know it's done in Canada etc and I'm wanting to do the same thing here, sort of things like a guide etc...
  8. I

Cycling/Mtb clubs in Perth area???

Cheers for that bit of info jaredp about the endurance races, would be some craic if I landed to an "enduro" and it was a 12 hour race lol. I've only done one endurance xc 12 hour race and my god that was tough, I mainly race xc which o my lasts 1.30-2.00 hours. Thanks Neil.
  9. I

Thanks loads lads, I don't get into Perth till the 9th April so I'll be a couple of weeks before I'm settled and have a bike bought. But I'll defo get to a few of the races meet some of the clubs. Thanks again Neil.
  10. I

Hey everyone, well I'll finally be in oz by the 9th April and starting my trip in Perth. So I'm wondering if there was any competitive cycling/Mtb clubs in the area??? I wanna get hooked up with a decent 2nd hand mtb bike, get some cycling buddies and get racing in oz. Thanks Neil.
  11. I

First MTB help !!!!!

Spent as much as you can as you'll soon begin to notice what parts need upgrading on a lesser spec'd bike. I had that mistake and now running full deore group set. Also the giant you mentioned is an awesome bike especially if your budget can stretch to the full carbon version. Neil.
  12. I

What's the dominant mtb discipline in Australia??

Hmm I've raced a 12 hour endurance before and man it was tough especially as the mud was like cement and had destroyed many bikes that day. I'll deffently not be missing the muddy trails when I move to nice sunny dry oz lol. So just need to look out for a decent 6inch travil bike and go have...
  13. I

It sucks balls here in Ireland, all I wanna do is ride downhill I love the bikes and riding style. Xc racing is the big thing here and it's mostly catered for roadies so its LOADS of fire roads and nothing really that technical. But if enduro is the way forward with its best of both XC and DH...
  14. I

As I'm finally going to oz in April I'm going to need a bike as I won't be taking mine with me (too much hastle). So I'm wondering what kind of bike I should be looking for (secondhand). Downhill, enduro, or xc????
  15. I

Hostels in Perth???

Cheers lads for the heads up, as long as I can have a good night out chasing booze and women I'm sure I'll have a good time. I'll maybe see if any of you fancy heading out for a drink when I'm settled and get a bike sorted. I'm not going to take my bike now and just plan on picking up a decent...