Recent content by ItonezI

1. I

TUBELESS TYRE MEGATHREAD - All questions asked and answered in here!!

Looked like plastic, but will have a look again tonight when I get home. Thanks Minlak :) With the gaffa, are you meant to strip it with a blade so its width matches the internal diameter of the rim, or just wrap it first then cut away the excess later? Thanks 101 :) Also, this is a general...
  2. I

TUBELESS TYRE MEGATHREAD - All questions asked and answered in here!!

Hey guys, Sorry to rehash an old thread, but I've recently gotten a XTC 29er with the pxcr1's, and would like to know if anyone has successfully converted to tubeless without the rim strips? I didn't get any when I bought the bike (not from store). So, that is, just the tape, Stans goo and...
  3. I

VIC MTB Trails Mt Waverley

Thanks for this post Rotorfreeze! Had Monday off, so thought I'd check out the trails you mapped out, and I must say I was pretty impressed with the singletrack, especially given we're in the middle of suburbia. The 2 downhills were pretty fun, and I didn't really see many walkers around in...
  4. I

Squeaky/ grindy hub

Sorry, forgot to mention this is the rear
  5. I

Squeaky/ grindy hub

Hey all Just rode home (25 clicks) in the fkn rain, on my new bike (Argon18 Plut), and I bloody copped it real good. Going through the bike path that runs along the Sth Eastern, and what i thought was a lil muddy puddle, ended up being shin deep (pedals flat).. As I was riding a few mins...
  6. I

Photo snob: what do people think of fish eye?

I guess it appear as being 'overdone' these days with them becoming so popular and cheaper to come by, but i guess the main reason a lot of people use them, is due to ease of use.. In that type of environment, you can't always 'point n shoot' without messing up the frame, and fish eye's help...
  7. I

kids these days..

fk, that's pretty cool! which park was this at? looks familiar..
  8. I

Bape

Get this - I was in Thailand recently, and some stall at a market was trying to flog em off for cloes to $100.. Justification? "They sell em for a few hunna dollas oversea" haha makes you wonder when they're prolly all manufactured in some sweatshop in asia (generalisation i know) but...
  9. I

New? Feel free to say g'day here.

gday all I'm Tony, 25, and have just rekindled my passion of mtb (from when i was 17 hehe) i've quit smoking as well, so i guess i'm kinda trying to lose some weight whilst i do something i'm def enjoying..
  10. I

Avanti Vivace or ..?

Gday all For the last 3 months, I've been riding a borrowed 07 Avanti Vivace, and I have just today had to return it.. I'm on the market for a similar bike, as I've become quite used to it, and was wondering if there were any equivalents in the same price range.. (approx $1500).. I've...
  11. I

Avanti Vivace or ..?

Gday all For the last 3 months, I've been riding a borrowed 07 Avanti Vivace, and I have just today had to return it.. :( I'm on the market for a similar bike, as I've become quite used to it, and was wondering if there were any equivalents in the same price range.. (approx $1500)...