Recent content by J--A--C--K

1. J

I broke my nipple

If ur nipples are shearing off, most often its because the spokes are to short and not taking the shear force they should be , the spoke should finish close to flush with the outer end of the nipple.
  2. J

Shock mount replacement bolts + bushings replacement

new bolts may be needed, i used to bend mine on my glory('s) from time to time and they will be the reason ur bushings are wearing out (if the are infact bent). should just be an m6 go to a fastener store or engineering store and get a couple of HT bolts there cheaper that way, ebay is easy as...
  3. J

Would a Norco Shore 3 2010 work with a Dual crown fork??

totems are all most as long axle to crown as most modern duel crowns despite the extra travel so the geo wont change to much tho the ride will be a little more affected with a plusher fork and more sag but if downhill is the aim then it should be a change for the good
  4. J

You Yangs MTB Park

can you put it off till the 11th so i make it back for opening weekend :)
  5. J

custom wheel

count the spoke holes on the rim and hub if there the same it should work
  6. J

2008 888rc3 service question

turn the bike upside down and give it a go. nuthing bad could come of it
  7. J

Tubeless sealant home brews?

i have see a dual ply larsen TT or if even less tread and longer life is needed the hookworm is as bombproof as u can get
  8. J

single Vs. dual crown forks

she'll be right Im not an expert but a rampage should be fine with most duel crown forks, except the few that go above the 200mm travel mark. the old shore HT's used to come with duel crowns like the 04 and 05 manics and torent
  9. J

http://www.nicolai.net/index.php?article_id=17&clang=0
  10. J

Chainring bolts stuck??

Unless you know what you're doing DO NOT use a drill if it get's striped , unless you're happy with having one less bolt. as most likely you wont be able to just put a new one in as said above.
  11. J

Trek session 88 2010, Would a large be too big ?

go the large i ride a medium and am only 5'8 and the bars are very close, they have a very short top end plus a rather low standover so u should be right
  12. J

You Yangs Downhill Tracks

no mate , we havnt done any work there as yet but it will all be getting under way very shortly, try track nine if u want somthing simalar to cressy its a little harder and not quite the same flow but awsome fun all the same
  13. J

Decent Quality/ Value Allen Keys

When steel is heated above the upper critical temperature (about 760oC), the iron crystal structure will change to face centered cubic (FCC), and the carbon atoms will migrate into the central position formerly occupied by an iron atom. This form of red-hot steel is called austentite (γ iron)...
  14. J

Decent Quality/ Value Allen Keys

the number of times u heat a peice of cr-v steel will do bugger all to it and if it dosnt get to the point that color change happens which is a bout 180, there is all most now chemical reaction and if anything u will be softening the metal. and beating a hammer in to another hard object will...
  15. J

...Purveyor of Rake Hoes, Firey's Rakes...McLeod Tools...??

i havnt read the rest of the post but with rake ho's i have made a couple out of 6mm plate steel (it could be 8mm not sure) and they work a treat for packing and ripping back the soil there a little heavy for shaping but with a 6' handle and one side sharpend up they cut thro any roots ect...