Recent content by jack0207

1. J

Talk to me about AM/Enduro bikes - catching up after 3 years, 29er, 650B etc

If you want a good dropper - have a look at the new Thomson. Expensive but in this case you get what you pay for!
  2. J

Bike bag for anthem x29er?

Thanks! Might just order one and try it out. :)
  3. J

Thanks of the idea! Probably looking for something a little differently manufactured for moving around for short travelslike the ones with small castor wheels.
  4. J

Hey, Just wondering if anyone knows of a bike bag to fit an anthem x29er? Looking for protection on airfreight and trains for when I move to japan. Thanks Matt :)
  5. J

Where to Live in Brisbane

2nd the north side, anything south of the river and you are a Mexican. Lutwyche, chermside, kedron maybe ven as far out as carsildine
  6. J

29er Tyre Thread

Trailstar compound for the front. Will see how it goes on the rocks up here, might end up being a little soft but won't matter as I am about to move overseas in a few weeks anyway :)
  7. J

29er Tyre Thread

Just fitted a 2.35 Hans Dampf to the front of my anthem x29. Nice size difference over the RR 2.2. Went on easy and has only lost 1.5psi so far with no Stan's over the last 3hrs. Will be interesting to see how it goes on the loose rocks up here. Impressed so far though.
  8. J

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

Just wondering if you tried a medium at all for size? Reason i am asking is I am of similar build (172cm, shorter legs) and the local shop here only had the one size and don't do fittings so I ended up going off the Giant size chart. Only things I have changed so far is seat height and adjusted...
  9. J

New 29er rider after 15 years off a bike.

Glad you are happy with the purchase! I bought the same ( anhem x29) 2 months ago and am 100% happy with it. Up here there is plenty of loose roch and the 29er just coats over it.
  10. J

Kids MTB options

Went down to buy a 20"xtc for the son yesterday, appears they may all be sold out according to the giant availability sheet. Hoping I might find one at a dealer somewhere in Wa.
  11. J

Working at the Mines (unskilled and skilled jobs)

+1 on the above. Here in Karratha, if don't have company housing you will be sharing. A 4x2 is around $2-2.5k / week rent and around $800 / week for a bedroom.
  12. J

Decent 20" mtb tyres?

Schwalbe Mow Joe gets a fairly good rap in the 20" overseas.
  13. J

Teaching kids to ride

+1 what craftworks said. With my 2 kids, they both learnt on a short grassy slope at the local park at 4yrs age. Had them start off on the bike with no training wheels and me jogging slowly behind holding the bike seat from behind for the first 4 runs down the slope and the basically on the...
  14. J

Kids MTB options

Bought my 6yr daughter (126cm and 17kg) a giant areva 20" 2 weeks ago after looking at a few and she is happy as punch. Finds it a lot easier to ride than her 16" lightweight bmx. It is pretty light compared to a lot of other models, the only issue we have had is the revo twist shift was very...