Recent content by Jackstack

1. Jackstack

Scott 24 Hr 2012

Well gotta say that after having a severe attack from the sleep monsters (I think aided by a bout of the dreaded lurgi the week before), out on the Blue lap around 4am, the decision to pull the plug after 16.5 hours was definitely made easier by the condition of a couple of sections of the...
  2. Jackstack

Rocky Trail survey

No need for apologies mate, it's all in good fun. P.S. I'm too scared too call the wife whatever I want, but thanks anyway. :biggrin1:
  3. Jackstack

Rocky Trail survey

Read the post dude......it's not actually about the minister of who cares what? Some of us have multiple kids and actually like to go watch them play their winter team sports, and plan long weekends away months in advance, pretty simple really. Most people who know me, know I get to race when I...
  4. Jackstack

Rocky Trail survey

Yeh, less techno and a bit more Rock n Roll for sure. I dont mind the loudness because I generally don't spend much time in the event centre. I pulled a heart string after 7hrs in the recent 12hr and said to my mate " now I now why I normally keep riding..........so I dont have to listen to...
  5. Jackstack

Rocky Trail's Shimano MTB Grand Prix 2012 Series

Thanks RTE crew for a great day and a greater course. I have been reminded this morning how brutal Stromlo can be, but more so how brutal lack of training/riding can be. It's was great to be back in the saddle and feeling the burn though, bring on rnd 2 :tickled_pink:
  6. Jackstack

ACT 2012 Australian 24hr Solo MTB Championships

So I guess I'm one of the pretenders that said they were gunna if it was at Majura. Unfortunately life and s@#t conspires against us sometimes, so I've had to pass. I really did want to come and play as I've always wanted to do this race at this place.........so maybe next year at a different...
  7. Jackstack

Rocky Trail's Shimano MTB Grand Prix 2012 Series

I am using this race as a return to riding my bike for a stupid long time, so either way its gonna hurt........but.....I rode at Stromlo a week ago, and rode both Bluegum (if thats what the 50,000,000 switchbacks are called) and Heartbreaker, and Heartbreaker was a little chopped up I thought so...
  8. Jackstack

Thanks for that. I dont want to miss out!!
  9. Jackstack

When do entries close?? Just want to know how many days I have to talk myself into/out of entering.
  10. Jackstack

Well, I had recieved permission from the Department of Fun & Finance do do the Easter race this year, but due to lack of riding was considering putting that permission slip away till next year, BUT, if it's at Majura, I'm there!! Lack of training or not!
  11. Jackstack

Change 24hr Racing (Start time)? NOW WITH POLL!

I've brought this up in conversations before and wholeheartedly agree. The idea of finshing before lunch and being able to take your time getting home I reckon would be very appealling to most. Plus a bit more racing before nightfall would be pretty cool as well. Oh and nice win Delmar, looked...
  12. Jackstack

Future World Solo 24 Hour MTB CHampionships

Damn!!! I knew that would happen if I stopped riding my bike for a while and decided not to do the Scott this year. Missed opportunity there Jack:mmph: At least I can plan now for 2013:clap2:
  13. Jackstack

The Husky 100ker

And that's how I got to race for free this year. Well excluding the bits I've gotta replace.
  14. Jackstack

JetBlack WSMTB 12 Hour 2011

That's how we do it in Masters, just turn up and see how long ya can stay on the bike, training's for the youngsters (well it's how I do it anyway, some of 'em train up). You just made me feel better about my current lack of riding. At least of got the Husky this weekend to test out my lack of...