Recent content by james540

1. J

Which brakes are better

Avid codes the way to go Just my two cents,my 08 Norco aline park has Avid codes standard and i love them.I,m 110kgs and the codes love Mt Stromlo all day long even with my fat arse screaming down the hill. Awsome stopping power.
  2. J

Bike Advice

Cheap alternative I purchased a "Dimond Back Criterium " about 10 months ago for only $599 brand new from TBSM and love it.It comes standard with carbon fibre forks and seat post less pedals which seems to be the norm.I ride 30klm,s per day and have several thousand klm,s on it and the only...
  3. J

Trail Bike for my L's

Your not restricted to 250,s I got my WR400 when i was on my learners and loved it because being a fatty at 110kg,s 250,s are not my ideal bike,so like the previous thread stated, there is a lot to take into account before choosing the correct bike for you. Check with the RTA but i,m pritty...
  4. J

Widest Road Shoes

size 13 I,ve got a size 13 foot,flat and extra wide,try the entry level Shimano,s suit my feet great and feel fine after the average 20 to 30 klm,s per day.Check out cell bikes web site for current pricing but i paid internet price $189 and walked in to the shop and tried them on to iliminate...
  5. J

Roadies for Big Blokes.

My two cents I,m 6,3 and 110kg,s and recently got my first road bike.I was on a budget and could not afford the entry level price of cycling at $1000 or so for anyhing half decent.I also looked at second hand bikes but became very frustrated with all the small bikes i found.Then whilst picking...
  6. J

Stromlo Fever

stromlo goes off Just some small advise from a newbie, get some budies together and shuttle to the top of observatory hill which is the start of the down hill trail. Do not make the same mistake a mate & i did by hiking up the farkin hill with big heavy bikes for 45 minutes not knowing which...
  7. J

ROAD For shaved legs only ;)

sweet ride Awsome ride, i,ve just converted to the road scene for some downhill training and do just as many klm,s per week but on a lot cheaper roadie(diamond back criterium),the klm,s would have to be much more enjoyable on such a light upspeced machine.Awsome.
  8. J

Shore thing

Awsome vid Top effort on the vid, and the track is superb, 10 out of 10 for the trail builders, looks like lots of worth while hours have been spent!
  9. J

Prairiewood Help...

local Dude, if you are willing to travel that great distance for this event i would want to stay as close to my car as possible, as this area is not the most respectable area in sydney.Hotel wise, i,ve racked my brain but can not come up with a decent surrounding area with secure parking,"under...
  10. J

Extreme MTB Stunts!!!

smoken Put 8 inches of travel on ya uni cycle and you will still smoke me!
  11. J

Marcus Thredbo and Thredbo Extras

awsome vid Top notch effort on the vid, i ride the hill as a boarder every winter and have never seen the hill in the summer.As a newbie to downhill I can,t wait to take the summer option,with even more encouragement from your vid. CHEERS
  12. J

motorbike crash!!!!!!! got to be watched

wrong angle of the dangle looked nasty from the take off.