Recent content by jarryd1986

1. J

The Single Speed Thread

Do it Jimmy Here is mine, very simple at the moment, will no doubt need upgrades as usage continues but so far it has only set me back 39 bucks, I got the frame and forks for a massive 15 bucks off ebay. Slicks and tubes off torpedo 7 for 24 bucks all up! The rest I had laying around...
  2. J

Budget Single Speed

Having toyed with the idea on and off for a while I have finally bitten the bullet and decided to make a single speed bike. I had most of the stuff I needed already laying around the house but the main items I needed to acquire were a frame, forks and a chain tension seeker. I got a...
  3. J

Old Roadie for single speed project

bit of a bump but if you have not had much luck thus far perhaps just keep an eye on cheap newspaper classifieds, rotary markets and junk collection days, Goodluck
  4. J

Triathletes!

There is an australian triathlete/lon forum that you may be interested in. Alot of like minded people all training for different things with a mixture of views, advice and suggestions. Google transitions triathlon forums. Cheers.
  5. J

The Pirate Bay/BitTorrents - Your thoughts..

A more interesting case for Australians atm is the AFACT VS IINET case, Google that. If they did not charge so much for bullshit people might pay for it? Why pay heaps for a cd when you already have 50% of the songs from the cd on another cd? Why does a CD even cost 20 dollars? If they...
  6. J

Optima Bikes? FS300

bump! anyone know anything else about it?
  7. J

Geared hub commuter

If you are talking about an internal geared hub I believe there was a recent thread and the general verdict was that the hub was a great idea however not solid enough to withstand the demands, wear and tear of high mileage! Goodluck either way! Jarryd
  8. J

Optima Bikes? FS300

Its being turned into a cheap single speed, not too fussed about rear disks!
  9. J

Optima Bikes? FS300

Picked up a frame off ebay, it was nice and cheap so I really don't think I can go wrong. However! I wouldn't mind throwing it out there to see if anyone knows anything about the frame/forks. I have not taken delivery of it yet so I have rather limited details and a small picture. It is an...
  10. J

Legal Question (any police/lawyer's? on here)

Yeah I am under the impression, in NSW you can request badge numbers and names if they question you, however I am not sure how you go about pulling them over, having said that, as mentioned earlier, if you were to pull over I am sure that they would follow. The other night after work I pulled...
  11. J

Build single speed from scratch or buy cheap hardtail and remove gears etc

Hey guys, I just won a frame and fork set on ebay for a massive 15 bucks so it looks like im going to be using the old wheels/cranks etc. Got some 9 buck slicks on their way over from T7 also. Don't know anything at all about the frame, but yeah, cheap, has a bottom bracket and forks so...
  12. J

Want to know why your trading access application was denied?

I also applied yesterday for trading access but ran out of words very quickly, effectively leaving me with a one line application. Sorry for the time waste. Cheers! Jarryd
  13. J

Innova Semi Slick Tyres

They are on sale again at torp 7. I have just ordered myself two for when I get around to building up my commuter. How are the tires going now? Still running well? Cheers Jarryd
  14. J

your correct re not needing the tensioner, however its alot easier to find a standard cheap frame.
  15. J

Currently contemplating making a single speed commuter bike. As well as a chain tensioner/sproket kit the other parts I need are Frame, Disk Brakes Disk Brake wheels (All my old wheels are non disk) The aim of the commuter is something light I can ride around on but don't have to worry...