Recent content by jetlee

1. J

Mod Recon Gold Rls from 100mm to 120mm

Doable? Worth it? Negative handling aspects? 2015 XTC Aluxx frame should be able to handle it? (650b) cheers
  2. J

How often do people stack it?

I've never had a real stack but between 1-3kmph i constantly fail to unclip from my fricken pedals and tumble to my left, everytime. my left knee, elbow and wrist hate me for it
  3. J

giant XTC ~ advice needed; should i buy one???

yeah thanks guys, im pretty happy with the look. also considering some white decals for the wheels but unsure where to source them from? and yes, i invested in a kryptonite U lock.
  4. J

lost black bum bag, license and $50 cash

if anyone is near the serrata trail entrance in currie rd, i've lost the above. i left it on the back of my ute when i drove off anyone live near by. was only 40 min ago.
  5. J

Yep, close to it mate. I was thinking medium but multiple bike shops referred me to the Small. They tended to measure more of my standover height than the cockpit-saddle sizing. So yeah i couldve def gone a small but no regrets. Sizing feels better than the small talon :)
  6. J

Finally..............Pics Im pretty happy with the bling!!! I noticed the bars and seat were half the weight of the stock giant stuff Only 2 rides in but have yet to ride with the mods. I've noticed that the frame absorbs the bumps so much better than the talons, and yes, much better...
  7. J

Pics coming soon just waiting on some minor 'wank factor' purchases to arrive, bought a few colour friendly additions Stay tuned :}
  8. J

Picked it up today guys!!!! Chain Reaction In Cronulla sorted me out this morning Great service
  9. J

Update: i just popped into a giant store and checked the out the xtc. SOLD!! noticably lighter than my 1x talon, tyres obviously much faster than the ardents i was running will probably stick with the 2x and just shorten the stem to a 60mm cable routing is awesome too Giant staff member...
  10. J

funds are the main thing stopping from me getting a dually. if the insurance company paid me out i would look at 2nd hand but i gotta buy new. plus i doubt i would want to commute on something super attractive to thieves again, HT is still subtle enough test ride due i think:) i also noticed...
  11. J

giant sydney stocked a 50mm overdrive2 stem i got for the talon, pretty lucky i guess. I had no problems with the talon1, all in all it is a great little bike and the fork was great, matt black looked sweet. the 2015 colours look way to kmart for me. thats why i thought i throwing a bit more...
  12. J

hmmm good one, if forgot about the stance however a little unsure on the flex point system and very under spec for my liking ~ alvio, id probs end up spending another $500 on it. and to be honest if i was going dual it would have to be a trance, i test rode a new anthem sx and it whilst it was a...
  13. J

Hey all, to cut a long story short: My 2014 Talon 1 (Running 1x, shorter stem, blahblahblah) got pinched last month. After paying the $300 excess my insurance company will be supplying me with a new 2015 Talon 1 ($1399) with same mods.....All good. However I've been given the option to...
  14. J

Stolen 2014 27.5 Talon 1

And you never think its gonna be you.............. Wolli Creek Station in Sydney over the weekend, keep an eye out. Black with blue giant stickers, Ardent tyres & a black Race Face 30T single chain ring. Yep, i know i shouldnt of left it locked at the train station but i was on the piss...
  15. J

2015 anthem SX

nothing too hectic, mainly the regular sydney trails/ tracks; manly,omv, shire, mt annan, kentlyn. b lines on the trickier stuff i saw one in the flesh today. SX didnt seem too much heavier than the anthem