Recent content by jl.

1. J

Cycling glasses to cover prescription glasses

I'm interested in what people have to say. As I've always struggled to find a good solution. I've been mountain biking for 15 years and have just made do with my normal glasses. I've just got new prescription glasses and sunglasses and have vision similar to that of an average bat (-10). The...
  2. J

SOLD Royal Racing Blast Jersey- price drop

Armpit to armpit is 60cm. Yes I'll post to Cairns and $7 should cover it. Cheers, Jason PM me if you want it.
  3. J

Price drop to $20
  4. J

SOLD Maxxis Minion SuperTacky 26 x 2.35 - Price drop

bump.............
  5. J

SOLD - Shimano XT rear derailleur 9 speed - price drop

bump.......
  6. J

SOLD Shimano XT 9 speed shifter

payment pending
  7. J

SOLD - Shimano XT rear derailleur 9 speed - price drop

Item: Shimano 9 speed shadow rear derailleur, long cage Location: Holsworthy, Sydney Item Condition: Used for about 40km with a scratch(see pics) but works as new with no play and smooth jockey wheels) Reason for selling: Replaced with SRAM Price and price conditions: $35. Will post at...
  8. J

SOLD Shimano XT 9 speed shifter

Item: Shimano XT 9 Speed shifters Location: Holsworthy, Sydney Item Condition: Used for about a month and in full working order Reason for selling: Replaced with SRAM which is easier to shift with my dodgy thumb Price and price conditions: $50, will post at buyer’s expense Extra info...
  9. J

SOLD - Avid Juicy 5

Item: Avide Juicy 5 Brake Location: Holsworthy, Sydney Item Condition: Full working order, recently bled Reason for selling: Replaced with Shimano XTR Price and price conditions: $50, would prefer a Sydney buyer so I don't have to post it Extra info: Brake line is 62cm long and was used...
  10. J

Item: Royal Racing Blast Jersey ( Medium) Location: Holsworthy, Sydney Item Condition: Brand new with tags Reason for selling: Unwanted present that’s too big for me Price and price conditions: $25, will post anywhere in Australia at buyer’s expense Extra info: Pictures:
  11. J

SOLD Maxxis Minion SuperTacky 26 x 2.35 - Price drop

Item: Maxxis Minion Front 26x2.35 Super Tacky Location: Holsworthy, Sydney Item Condition: Used once for about 8km Reason for selling: Too sticky/grippy for what I use it for Price and price conditions: $25, will post at buyer’s expense Extra info: Pictures:
  12. J

Fulchers bike hub chipping norton sydney

The other good thing that I'll add about Fulchers is that I had a mate who was an Australian wheelchair basketball player. He broke spokes all the time as these guys go hard! He used to take his wheels in there and they'd just fix them for him for free. I don't think they even knew he was an...
  13. J

Do bottom pull front derailleurs require more force to shift up?

Just like the title says. Do bottom pull front derailleurs require more force at the lever to shift to a bigger chainring? I ask as I have a chronic dodgy left thumb and want to know before I start throwing money at it. I have 1 bike (hardtail) with a top pull, top swing XT derailleur...
  14. J

rear derailleur adjustment

It's not 1 or 2 wilddemon so it must be 3! You've met me right? :) It's a 1.2mm cable and it's in the groove of the derailleur. I've checked what I think are the basics like the barrel adjuster, limit screws, cable position and tension. As I've got heaps of cable and outer I decided to...
  15. J

rear derailleur adjustment

oh, and chain length is fine too.