Recent content by joeyjoblah

1. J

Touring in Australia with trailers - need route suggestions

When you start off as a mountain biking couple, eventually the inevitable happens and suddenly you have a bunch of kids running around and the only way you get a ride in together is to tow someone. Anyone got any ideas on a good 5 to 10 day tour you can do with a chariot attached? It would have...
  2. J

An interesting article from 1892 about the dangers of cycling

"For the sake of cycling and of cyclists we wish it were the fact that our knowledge were not practical. Unfortunately it is founded on nothing but the practical. We know what cycling means in its outside working, but this is little compared with what we professionally know of it from those...
  3. J

Bicycle Superstore Gravity 12 Hour - Rosewhite VIC - Saturday Nov 6th 2010

Have to agree, the race has a great atmosphere, well done everyone.
  4. J

Bicycle Superstore Gravity 12 Hour - Rosewhite VIC - Saturday Nov 6th 2010

Pics I took a bunch of photos down at the dam right at the start, a few on the last hill, and some on the last big dip with an A and B line coming up the other side. http://www.flickr.com/photos/79141756@N00/sets/72157625329395684/detail/ DISCLAIMER: I'm no photographer
  5. J

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Or John Blankenstein? - 5th overall
  6. J

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Russ takes his hat off to all the solo riders!
  7. J

Tour de Timor coverage

Agreed, it would be a shame for people who DNF to miss out on the rest of such a great event. Thanks for the extra detail and also, as usual, for all your hard work, Le Matelot.
  8. J

Tour de Timor coverage

Seems that if you don't start a day, you aren't in the results at all for the stage, or for the overall results (which technically makes sense, as you didn't compete in the whole "series", but is a little disappointing for some people, I think)
  9. J

Sparrow

Just thought this was interesting and somewhat relevant http://www.yesmagazine.org/issues/reclaiming-the-commons/the-hidden-commons
  10. J

The 2010 Mont 24 Thread

My experience was that it was the best year for well-behaved passing ever. I guess rear number plates do make a difference.
  11. J

The 2010 Mont 24 Thread

Thanks, I have emailed my (very recent) team mate and will try my best to get their address before March 3rd.
  12. J

The 2010 Mont 24 Thread

The latest newsletter says your team might not ride if you don't have the required fields filled out for every rider. Do you think it matters if you don't have one of your team member's addresses? Are they really going to kick you out for that?
  13. J

Scott 24hr 2009

Is there any way to see the overall results? Some of my friends were the only team in their category and I know they'd like to see how they did overall rather than how they did compared to no one :)
  14. J

Orange MTB club race this Sunday

Lovely ride, thanks for organising and showing up everyone! It's good to see mtb things happening in Orange.
  15. J

Back to amputate your legs: The Angry Doctor, 2009

You all read a lot into it! Sometimes riders just want to start with their friends, even if they aren't quite the same ability. Sometimes they position themselves "in the pack" rather than according to expected finish time. Sometimes they compare to a similar distance in a totally different race...