Recent content by Johnny Faceplant

1. J

Replacing Shock

Hi all, I'm looking at replacing the shock on my '12 Rocky Mountain Slayer but I understand that the stock fox shock has custom valving/tuning. My question is: if the new shock isn't tuned specifically to the bike will the performance of the rear suspension be adversely affected? Also is...
  2. J

Crash Pics Thread

After looking at this thread I think I'm gonna go get a full face...
  3. J

New bike - on the budget end

Not sure about the other two but I brought a slayer 50 about 6mths ago and I love it, I haven't found anything it can't do yet: I'm racing a dh this weekend as well as the gravity enduro next weekend and regularly go for a spin on the local xc loop. Climbs like a champ and absolutely shreds...
  4. J

SEQ gravity enduro series

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I thought it would be appropriate to ask here rather than in a new one... I'm looking into doing this as my first race on a mtb and was wondering what sort of equipment is necessary.. I.e is it nuts enough that I'll need a full face etc. or is a xc/enduro...
  5. J

Rocky Mountain Slayer

Looks like I will probably get the bike, just gotta get the end of year exams. :help: Anyway, looks like the first things to look at/swap will be tires, stem and a dropper post. Are there any other essentials for this bike or will that do me? Cheers.
  6. J

Rocky Mountain Slayer

I'm not sure if the element will be able to do the downhills I want to do? I thought it was more of a dedicated xc bike?
  7. J

Rocky Mountain Slayer

Cheers for the help everyone. Had a go at one in the carpark at the lbs and liked it. Obviously not as informative as taking it for a proper ride. I had a bit of a look at the Norco B's and they look to be a tad outta my price range. The slayer 50 I'm looking at is right at the extremes in...
  8. J

Rocky Mountain Slayer

Hey everyone, Sorta new on the site, so this may be in the wrong area but how tough are the 2011-2013 Rocky Slayers. I am looking for a bike that can take a flogging on the way down but still get back up (looking to go in the epic among other things). Most of the riding I do is all...