Recent content by jurgs

1. J

Saugeil !

sorry for the time it took, i am overseas at the moment. riding scene is small, there is a very lively road biking scene, but if youre interestet in mtb, only a few are interested... lack of trails as well, its all park wherever there is a hill.... maybe there is an option for those who...
  2. J

4X Tyre choice?

hey there, this is not really directly related to 4x, still interesting though. rolling resistance, compared in a german bike mag in watts, here are just the results, have a look.
  3. J

Felt Bikes

i heard lots of good things about felt , expecially the xc modells. the redemption seems to be a bike that gets continuously bad reviews, even the reworked 09 model. i have a felt cruizer, but the build quality is somewhat shite:confused: i still like it, lovely shape, but all components on...
  4. J

Hydration Pack Suggestions

dont know if its worth checking out the bigger packs from kriega, i have got the 3 liter hydration pack and thats awesome, way better quality than the dakine i bought about 7 years ago. got it from chainreactioncycles.com and it took one week to oz, and the pack wasnt even in stock at crc.:)...
  5. J

shifting or regular chain guide?

by the way, there is a two gear system out for about 5 years now, same as hammerschmidt called schlumpf, swiss make i think. the german brand nc17 has on as well, and there is nicolai working on a similar system which is supposed to be released this year. cheers
  6. J

Shock Pump

hey there , i could offer you the same fox as above, brand new, (still in sealed plastic) for 40 plus postage, makes it 5$ more than torpedo, but you get fox quality.... and i like the pump, i have it twice, cheers Jurgs
  7. J

Saugeil !

hey bushpig, i was thinking about green as another option, but i feel like i would get sick of the green color, if i ride it a lot, which i certainly want to do:)
  8. J

Saugeil !

youre right, both times :) thats what it literally means, and yes i am
  9. J

Saugeil !

southern german for farkin great! Here are some Pics of my new ride, with a lot of help from Cog Bike Cafe in Mt. Evelyn, thanks Damian! http://www.cogbikecafe.com.au and the Specs Frame – Santa Cruz Nomad 2 (09) L Rear shock – Monarch 3.3 Front shock/fork – Fox 26 FLOAT RC2 09 1.5”...
  10. J

shifting or regular chain guide?

check out www.wickedracin.com , there is a bit about those on mtbr forum as well. i dont know anyone who has one though. and yes, its wicked racin without g, (not to be mixed up with www.wickedweasel.com either :) i will leave the two on my bike and put a drs on for now, cheers
  11. J

Norco Six 2 (2008) or Kona Coilair (2009)

hey there, i tried some bikes recently, and i really had my eye on the 08 6.2 as well , but i found the testride really diasapointing, i did not like the hayes brakes, and i didnt like the marz. fork at all. i would have needed to chage the chanweel and after testing a specialized enduro ifelt...
  12. J

Alternative to CHAIN REACTION CYCLES

try tbsm or torpedo7
  13. J

How do you contact CHAIN REACTION CYCLES?

i ordered there twice, both times everything worked fine and requests were answered same day or the next via email. did you check the local time in the uk? its on their webpage in the header. if you asked your questions in the evening dont expect them to be answered imediately, good luck. j
  14. J

66's or totems

hey there, a mate of mine has two geminis , one with the sherman and the other with 66s. i prefer the sherman, i wouldn't think of the 66s beeing an upgrade. if you want to shave of some weight, try to ride the fox 36 float somewhere, in my opinion the only worthwile alternative to the totem...
  15. J

Bike shipping - Canada to Australia

if you get stuff sent directly to australia it will have to go through customs, wich will cost you about 5% plus 10% gst. i think using some company llike jettaexpress.com.au would be a way to save some cash here.