Recent content by kbekus

1. K

Thredbo/Narooma/Eden Trip

Bloody oath it is. Near on 7 hours.
  2. K

Thredbo/Narooma/Eden Trip

We stayed at the YHA at Thredbo for 5 nights, was good value. If you join YHA Australia you get 20% off. Communal kitchen was good for cooking food and saving a bit of money. If you want to camp there's a really good camp site a few kays down the road from Thredbo village.
  3. K

VIC 5/8" locking hitch pin

Item: 5/8" locking hitch pin Location: Melbourne Item Condition: new Reason for selling: I needed a 1/2" one, they sold me the wrong one and just refunded me. I don't need it. Price and price conditions: free. Either pick it up or chuck me $10 and I'll pop it in an Australia Post satchel to...
  4. K

What does your day look like?

Bar Wa Izakaya is an awesome place... discovered it by accident stumbling home from the CBD one night (on a long weekend in Hobart).
  5. K

Little Things You Hate

LTIH - sigh, older Banshee Spirfire frames. Grrr, need to sort out a new frame for the young bloke ASAP :(
  6. K

Confessions from the fuckwits

Wooo, I can now add my name to the list of fuckwits who try to drive into an underground carpark with a bike rack on the car... though this is a towball mounted rack the bikes are still vertical and total height is around 2.2m. It's really not nice trying to unwedge a taco'd front wheel out...
  7. K

What does your day look like?

Got back from a 3 day hike in the Grampians. Walked a small section of the Grampians Peaks Trail, a 13 day long track partially built by Dirt Art. We were perhaps foolhardy to try this in winter but we gave it a rip and were rewarded with a drizzly day 1 (and some spectacular waterfalls), a...
  8. K

VIC Legacy shocks (190/200/216)

I'll have one of your finest number 7s please kind Sir.
  9. K

Indigo Epic Trail

Solid effort on the single speed, and a 7/10 is still a good ride in my books. As per my "What did you do with your bike today" post I rode it this week with my boys and loved it. We were camping at the Yack trailhead campsite and set off from there, lovely weather and tracks were in great...
  10. K

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rode the shit out of it (and me). Loved the loop though the Yack -> Beechworth direction is way longer and harder than the return leg. Gotta say, this might be my new favourite track.... The flow from Beechy back to Yack was fucking great and went for ages.
  11. K

Buxton and Lake Mountain Thread

I rode it the day after some snow and rain earlier this year... still quite good to ride. A few slippery spots and a few of the rocks were low on grip but generally good.
  12. K

2024 World Cup Downhill / EDR

cool to watch Wish it went longer.
  13. K

Indigo Epic Trail

Not having ridden this trail I do get the point - Stonefly at Buller is similar... well over an hour climbing for a ~12 minute descent. Admittedly a technical climb which is good fun.. but then the descent was really steep and lacked flow so was just a brake burner.
  14. K

Indigo Epic Trail

Awesome, would be good to hear - I'm thinking of going up there around Easter for a bit of a camping trip. It's good there's decent camping near the Yack trailhead.
  15. K

My wax based lube recipe

The only way I find to keep my paraffin wax clean is to rinse the chain first in boiling water then into a jar of petrol in the ultrasonic cleaner for 10m.. then in the jar of degreaser, then rinse off in water... then finally into the wax. Quite the ordeal.