Recent content by Kirky_94

1. Kirky_94

29'er to 27.5

May I ask why you would want to? You won't get shorter chain stays, or change any of the angles, so your handling would remain similar and you would just have clearance issues and a lower centre of gravity
  2. Kirky_94

Bar drop - try it (unless you are Moorey)

Dropper posts are awesome when they work! I yet to ride with one, they are quite expensive and heavy compared to a standard post. I've never really found myself needing to get behind the seat anyway... Unless I'm braking through a rock garden (which is a very bad practice and will send you OTB)!
  3. Kirky_94

Post your Roadie

Had this bike for a while now. It's a shame a really only use it for commuting.
  4. Kirky_94

EUROBIKE: Fresh Apparel and Protection Gear

Great read!
  5. Kirky_94

Post your 29er!

I share your lust! I actually work for a trek dealer here in Melbourne. 2015 9.8 is available in 17.5" & 18.5". Eta on my 2016 9.8 21.5" is 7/9/15 some of the sizes have an eta of November! I've only heard awesome reviews of the fuel 9 - I'm sure the 9.8 will be even better!
  6. Kirky_94

Mobile bike mechanics.

Well I'd have to disagree with you there. Bikes don't always come out of the box perfectly. Brakes often need bleeding, wheels trued, bearings and bushings greased as well as niggly things like shortening hoses and cables to suit set up. Brake hoses always come disgustingly long! Looking forward...
  7. Kirky_94

MTB equivalent of The Walking Dead

By flexing the frame one would assume. ?[emoji19]
  8. Kirky_94

New to RB, but definitely not to bikes... What's your favourite beer?

Oh definitely! My skull's already been saved once. (Got T-boned 15 months ago)
  9. Kirky_94

Thanks! I might try that next time.
  10. Kirky_94

Haha! Yes you caught me out! I've been lurking for a while. I figured I might as well get in touch and maybe even get access to trading forums. Thanks for the thread link :)
  11. Kirky_94

Hi, my name's Don and this is my first post... I've been riding bikes all my life basically. I have been servicing my own bikes since i can remember and just last year i picked up a job at a bike shop so now i help out others as well. I ride a 2010 Cube AMS 125. It's going pretty well for...