Recent content by knob scortcher

1. knob scortcher

Garmin 510 consistently plotting straight lines

Just took a look, it did have maybe 20 or so files on it, and the gps recording was set to "smart". Ill give it a test tomorrow and see how it goes. I have set it to record every 1 second now Thanks heaps
  2. knob scortcher

Garmin 510 consistently plotting straight lines

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has a quick fix or knows why my GPS wont track my rout properly but will get the ride statistics pretty spot on. I have tried google but not 100% sure what to search for to find a fix. Have a major race this weekend and would like to avoid resorting to using my...
  3. knob scortcher

What car do you drive?

It was the single most scariest thing ive done in it so far. Had two guys on motos ride past and give me a thumbs up and headed off. I slipped into a hole someone ,made attempting to get up this part. so hopped out to secure a strap to the tree beside me. seeing as which its all i had to help...
  4. knob scortcher

High End XC specific wheels? Whats out there now?

pretty decent, definitely are cheaper but still very good options out there than buy bike brand name wheels. was thinking light wheels was going to be the way to go but definitely want something stiff or atleast somewhat stiff.
  5. knob scortcher

What car do you drive?

My rig, Its a delicate balance modding this and attempting to do a bike build on an apprentice wage. Its a 1995 mj triton. 2.5 litre turbo diesel.
  6. knob scortcher

Liking the first option here best right now. but had a look at twe and zelvy and the look alright to. Still have a few months before i even know what and if the frame im getting is available and what spacing it has. But for now i guess i can safely get bars,stem, and other little things.
  7. knob scortcher

will definitely consider custom wheels, considering the entire bike will be built up from scratch, plan is to get a 2017 frame set. should make for a good build thread to.
  8. knob scortcher

forgot the most important imformation, will most likely be 29" and thinking carbon. haven't owned a set of carbon wheels.
  9. knob scortcher

Hi, have not been following along with the mountain bike trend for a good year+ now due to personal commitments and what not. Just beginning to gather information for a high end XC build i will be doing over the next 12 months. The main issue I'm having is deciding what wheels would be best...
  10. knob scortcher

Post your 29er!

My 2013 vertex My most recent pictures of my RM vertex, will be going to a dually next year. should be a fairly high end build to.
  11. knob scortcher

QLD 26 inch AM frame large

WANTED •Item: 26 inch all mountain frame. Size large. •Price: willing to pay a couple hundred maybe more or less depending on what it is. •Location: Townsville, Qld. •Condition: can be scratched and have the odd non structural dent. Will be getting painted. MUST NOT be cracked or have been...
  12. knob scortcher

Wanted, a 26" carbon hardtail or all mountain frame.

Forgot to mention that, large.
  13. knob scortcher

Wanted, a 26" carbon hardtail or all mountain frame.

Im looking at building up a second bike as a project. Wanting either a carbon 26" hardtail, or an alloy or carbon 26" all mountain frame. Dont want to spend to much on one. And probably wont be wanting one for a couple or weeks yet. Just seeing whats out there at this point. Pm me if you...
  14. knob scortcher

Light Bicycle Carbon Rims/Wheels (Review Included on 1st Post))

light bicycle only sell bead hookless 29er xc rims now? Has anyone had experience with the hookless 29er xc rims?
  15. knob scortcher

XC Rocky Mountain Vertex 950RSL

Some fun in the mud at the Townsville Rockwheelers Hotrock 8hr