Recent content by komdotkom

1. K

Raaw Madonna V2.2

I'm 75kg ready to ride and have the mid point tune from Dougal in it, but I suspect we have different tune sheets. The one I saw from Kten was quite different. I'm 80/45 in mine and it's not as buttery smooth as my other Mezzer but that's had the Rulezman treatment so I was also wondering if a...
  2. K

Newly Released Bikes General

And I thought I was a Giant hater. I kneel at the feet of the master!
  3. K

Raaw Madonna V2.2

I'll be interested to see how you go with this. I've got essentially the same situation, it's great when your pushing it but lacks that buttery feel when you're climbing or JRA. What's your riding weight and pressure(s) for the Mezzer?
  4. K

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

The new 86 is a remarkable car. A mate did a 1:54 at Phillip Island in a showroom stock car. No tyres, no pads or zorst. For those who've driven there that's pretty respectable for a factory car with a warranty. Turbo 370s are a hoot but only 2 sears, avoid 350z. NC Mx5 with a 2300cc or 2500cc...
  5. K

Used SUV's ~$20K pref 7 seats

Injector seals are quite a common issue, as are air bag failures. Avoid sun roofs, particularly moon roofs at all costs. Lower kms is generally the way to go when looking second hand, higher km cars have transfer case issues. I've got a new Touareg at the moment and don't really rate it, it's my...
  6. K

Used SUV's ~$20K pref 7 seats

Q7s can be ok, a few mates have had that platform (Q7, Cayenne, Touareg) as tow pigs for race cars. There are quite a few things that must be done to stop them self destructing though and a couple of factory options to be avoided. Having said that, I'm not brave enough to own one out of...
  7. K

Bought a comfort saddle, best thing ever.

Yep, right fit and no padding here too. Also old and soft these days but it's the one thing I move to new bikes and is never for sale
  8. K

Holy snapping duck shit. Finally an aftermarket manifold which has decent wastegate placement.
  9. K

Watch out for the rear park "assist". If there's a shadow on the concrete 50m away it'll save you from certain death by immediately applying maximum brake pressure.
  10. K

Trickstuff power resin pads (for Cura 4 brakes)

I just run Race Matrix in my Cura 4s. Galfer can eat a bag of dicks
  11. K

I just bought a new Amarok for one of my guys and thought the same, a really significant improvement over the last generation.
  12. K

On my way back from a site inspection today the ring road traffic was totally borked. When I got to the accident I was not surprised that a Ranger Raptor was involved, and with absolutely no other information I can say he/she/them/they/it was at fault. If there was a modded 79 Series involved...
  13. K

Blind rider saying hi

I've got about 40% vision, while I don't have a cane and a Labrador (yet) I'm pretty blind. Modern geometry makes life so much simpler, less skill is needed for the trails we used to ride 20 years ago. A modern 140mm trail 29er will do everything you need it to and make you look like a much...
  14. K

Ludicrously expensive bike stuff

He certainly does fly his own kite very high. I needed some shims for my pick and mix Mezzer, it was like $100NZ for a few shims. I just got some from a local suspension guy, he didn't even charge me! Having said that, they're pretty special once you've dialed them in.