Recent content by KonaAlec

1. K

Ebay Carbon road frames - which are good?

I have been on a chinarello frame for the past 6 months. can't really fault it other than it being a wee bit flexy and the steerer tube was a bit ovalised so some grinding need to be done on the headset so it fitted without dragging on the frame as you turn the handlebars. I am about 90Kg and I...
  2. K

Giants are crap

great way to stat a thread.... GIANTS ARE CRAP... discuss:clap2:
  3. K

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

I am not sure if I am just weird or if alot of people get this, when I first rode a dirt bike when I panicked I would just grab the front brake so the throttle was still locked on with my palm. On a push bike this would be no problem, but on a moto it usually ends badly
  4. K

What happens to old DH/FR bikes?

yeah thats what I thought untill I upgraded from a 2007 kona stab to a 2011 kona operator. I was skeptical how much better it would be, but I was blown away. bikes have come along way has come along way in 4 short years, especialy suspention.
  5. K

Stevens SLR Build Thread

I was looking at those wheels for my chinarello frame I just ordered, but I couldn't find any info on how they go. I guess you can be the guineapig:clap2:
  6. K

TUBELESS TYRE MEGATHREAD - All questions asked and answered in here!!

ummm.. I am a bit confused, isn't the whole idea of tubeless to avoid pinch flats and to run your tires at lower pressures. riding on relatively smooth tarmac and tyres pumped to atleast 80psi, if you are getting pinch flats on your road bike regualy stop running pressures so low you roll on...
  7. K

KTM bikes, is this old news??

^^^ I love this comment.:clap2:
  8. K

The Fixie Thread

I am thinking about the cell fixie wheels for my little project. they are only $200 for the wheel set and look pretty good, anybody got any expirences with them or thoughts?
  9. K

What Part Should I get Thread

hey all I am in a bit of a conundrum, mainly becuse i know shit all about BMX:cool: I'm looking to get a BMX and want to spend ~$800, I am a little over 6 foot and will be riding a mix of everything, but mainly trails. the bikes I am looking at 2010 Kink apex $750 @TBSM WTP trust $880...
  10. K

fuse?

fuse 9 I thought they only went up to fuse 4, unless it is some serious pimp daddy specialized fuse i don't know about sorry i could not contribute anthing of use:rolleyes:
  11. K

The Hardtail Downhill Thread.

yeah, I wasn't disagreeing with that.:p I was just saying that it is not the slacker head angle which makes it more likely to snap, but.... the longer axel to crown length gives extra leverage to snap the headtube yes a longer axel to crown will give a slacker head angle:D
  12. K

The Hardtail Downhill Thread.

no, it is not the slacker head angle that causes the head tube to snap it is the extra axel to crown length of longer travel forks gives exta leverage and therfore extra stress on the head tube
  13. K

kona stab riders look here

sweet, well it coners better than my 04 coiler anyway
  14. K

kona stab riders look here

hey, I reasently bought a 2007 kona stab and love it:p but, I decided to move the shock from the front position to the back position, this gives a lower bottom bracket of 13.5 inches from 14.1 and it also decreses the head angle from something like 64.9 degrees to 63.7 degrees I realy like...
  15. K

What Part Should I get Thread

what about united supreame su2 are they good bikes, I realy like the look of them