Recent content by ktmray77

1. K

Rock Shox Full Service Kits

Hi Again, Joel it turns out my LBS doesn't do them in house. I dug a little deeper and they just send them off and add their cut on top. I'm leaning towards just sending them off as it has been a pain in the ass to find the kits. so i might just bite the bullet and send them off. Cheers...
  2. K

need help with thread pitch

Just swing into your local nut and bolt shop (Blackwoods, Atom etc) and they'll have a thread pitch tool that will be able to tell you in a second. If you know anyone that has a Engineers Black Book they come with a pitch gauge in them.
  3. K

Do You Name Your Bike

Just wondering if people out there name their bikes.... I do I've had: 1) Ripper (an Advanti Mojo that my pants had a ripping good time with:twitch: ) 2) White Warrior ( a white framed Giant XTC that kept soldiering on no matter what) 3) Black Beauty ( another Giant XTC in black, she is...
  4. K

Who's running standard Maxxis tyres (Ikon, Ignitor) tubeless?

I've been running standard folding Ikon's on Arch Ex Rims with Stans solution for ages now. No issues the only problem i kind of had was i had to use a co2 canister on the rear to seat the tyre. The front went on with the floor pump. I've now been riding so long I've nearly worn these tyres...
  5. K

Do you listen to music when shredding? What are you listening to?

Hi All, Just interested does anyone have the old mp3 player / ipod going while blasting down their fav trail? :rockon: If so what's on your playlist? :violin: or Is it bad Juju to be listen to music while hitting the trails? :nono: Cheers
  6. K

Help...ankle hitting frame

Do i dare say get rid of the cleats and go flats..:jaw: That way you can adjust foot position anywhere, anytime anyhow even when riding. :bounce:
  7. K

How old is your rig??

Wow I never expected so many replies :whoo: But since everyone else has shared I've got: Late 90's Avanti Mojo Comp (i'm guessing it means competition?? as it's alloy) hardtail 2013 Giant XTC Composite 2013 Giant Method And a soon to be added +1 it's great to see such a diverse...
  8. K

How old is your rig??

Moorey, What type of riding do you do on the "older" bikes?
  9. K

How old is your rig??

I was just wondering how old are the bikes out there that people are riding?? are people buying new bikes every couple of years or a people doing upgrades on old frames etc. It's just with all the new tech coming out in the last few years (i'm not mentioning wheel size :boink: ) are people...
  10. K

2015 Giant Reign.. All Rounder???

Hey kl3ggy Looking at a spend around $5000 - $6000 of course would prefer more around the 5 mark then 6. But i also want to go through one of my local LBS's as they seem to be able to get pretty close on price and of course the service if anything does go wrong (e.g the XTC) is always a...
  11. K

Thank you all for your input, it looks like i might have to really sit (on a few bikes :eyebrows: ) and have a long think about what i want from my new bike. I thought the new reigns might of been half decent at climbing looking at it's seat angle. but i see there might be more to it. I...
  12. K

Thanks guys for the heads up, I just wish the alloy trances came with the gear the new reign 1 (alloy) did. I don't want to go carbon / composite again the XTC is composite and has had to be warranted for cracking. Any other bikes other then the Trance?? open to other brands. just want a...
  13. K

Oh i also plan to sell the XTC that's why i need a all rounder. :tsk:
  14. K

I ride Mackay, Townsville region. It's more XC country but want to do a few trips down to SEQ and up to Cairns. So i'd like a bike i can ride our XC tracks and odd event like the MAD Rush and Paluma Push, but still have fun when the trail get's more gravity orientated. I have a XTC 29er at...
  15. K

Hi All, Just been looking at maybe getting a 2015 Giant Reign 27.5 1 just wondering if people reckon it would be a good all rounder? I'm no ball tearer up or down hill's but would like a bike that can do pretty much everything. I know it's angles are more suited to pointing down but do...