Recent content by KWICKS

1. K

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Boats stopped with temporary protection visas. That is you can come and stay while its unsafe but then you're off home once it is safe again. Ceasing family reunion policies also contributed. Rudd dismantled that. Anyone suggesting that people displaced by war are coming here for their safety...
  2. K

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

An argument that amuses me is Labor espousing itself as a better bet on superannuation despite spending the future fund which now means we will have to borrow to pay public sector employees super at all. Embarrassing economics Labor.
  3. K

Knee pain / injury. Advice needed please!

Ice up after a ride? Maybe some heat to loosen up before a ride? 300mg of Wild Krill Oil per day can assist with pain but 80% of people who buy nutraceuticals do so even though they don't think not will work. YMMV. First response was very good advice.
  4. K

First MTB help !!!!!

Buy a good second hand bike off here. If you love it and get into MTB you'll soon learn your first choice in bike isn't ideal for where you want to take it. If you don't love it/use it you'll not have spent as much. I'd recommend a XC dually too, but its considerably more coin.
  5. K

The Chilli Thread!

Just catching this thread. I had habs once, really do not like the flavour, find them insipid. We grow the Thai birds eye variety, they are ample hot enough, and sometimes i scrape the seeds into the compost. Every time those seeds find their way from the compost into the garden bed I get more...
  6. K

Ourimbah - question from a mexican

Good facility well geared to visitors. Enjoy!
  7. K

Whats the best beer you've had & why?

Is the Sail 'n Anchor kit an OEM "craft beer" from Woolworth's? Seems a little out of left field and to hit the shelves with a full offering, in store tastings, etc. I smell a money grab from Woolies?
  8. K

Ocsober permitted a leave pass as part of the program. Gratefully accepted was the offer :)
  9. K

Really, I'm raving about it. Easily as good as the winter spiced ale. Mind if I asked how bad you were ripped off at the checkout? I paid $12 a bottle, Dan Murphys will have it for $6.99 a single or $69.99 a box of 12 pints (coming soon on their website). Was not happy with what I was charged.
  10. K

In the market for an Ultrabook.....suggestions/recommendations?

My MacBook is 5. As good today as the day it came home. Travelled to Uni for years, surfs, has a fine display, MS office took some getting used to in Mac but its fine now. And no virus! But no flash either, which blows. I'd say its been good value, but a PC might be better suited for you and...
  11. K

Avoid Hargreaves Hill Hefeweizen, 4 Pines all together (sadly as they are local to me). Enjoying the Hargreaves Hill Pale Ale, the Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA and Kellerweis Hefeweizen (again!) and the Hook Norton Brewery Old Hooky (get into this brewery if you can find it at your local Dan...
  12. K

NSW All Mountain Race #5 - HMBA at Paterson

Awesome sledging, keep it up. I loved the top to bottom run on this trail at the 24hr. If only I wasn't absolutely rooted from pedaling to the top (nearly died at the pearly gates each pass). Shuttles and down sounds like an awesome day of AM riding. Shame I only read this now. I recommend the...
  13. K

Supersonic Freefall. Tonight. Don't miss it!

It will on 7 mate on TV I think from 11pm? No bandwidth required!
  14. K

LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

Same here, work well with one on helmet and one on bars. But Aussie distributed for a few extra bucks or you'll spend the difference on an Aussie adapter anyway. 2 lights same is convenient for charging and always having one fully charged interchangeable battery.
  15. K

Atheism, theism, pantheism, polytheism and animism thread

Onora O'Neill might be worth a read. Or go right back to the ancient Greeks.